Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Striped Bumbaloon

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
I am currently working on the first part of Brother Wolf's quest. I find it quite annoying that we have to defeat eight of the bumbaloons and only one bumbaloon per battle. It's quite irritating to go to eight battles just to get on bumbaloon.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Well, people complained and complained about how it was setup before, as some got the meat after 1 battle and some got it after 8 to 10, so this way, everyone gets it after 8 battles.

When people complain about something, things can change, some might like the change, while others might not. You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

It is 1 quest, you will finish it, then be done. It's not 12/21/2012, or the end of the world.

Although, I will say this, I do think if 2 people are on the ship battling, you should get 2 Bumbaloons and not just 1, but that is just my opinion.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2011
My Musketeer survived that quest, but I'm not posting to celebrate that

I just wanted to say that you just keep on trying. As annoying and hard as they are, here's a few tips:
  • Keep the contact magical. That way you won't have to worry about that annoying Vengeance Strike.
  • I would flee if the buffaloons/bumbaloons have more units in their crew than your crew has.
  • Best make sure that there is plenty of health in your crew. Swashbuckler compaions die very quickly, while privateer companions have lots of health.
Bloody Nigel Templeton, Level 28

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
Yes it's a very frustratingly slow quest. Luckily, both you and me did it after the update, I heard that striped bumbaloons used to be called white buffaloons and were EXTREMELY difficult to collect from (it was a defeat and collect quest).
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 43
PS. I was so lucky I did the quest about two days after the update I knew it was coming up soon and how difficult it was from other threads here and before the update I was dreading it.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
I'm pretty sure they were once "Silver Buffaloon" and I am also sure that they were once tougher than now.
Although I'm not suprised that there's complaining with this quest I would also like to tell you all that there's going to be more exciting quests on the way. Cool Ranch was one of those "big and bold" worlds that took a long time to explore and bold characters along the way. After you meet Sister Snake, Brother Owl, and Brother Wolf I think you'd be on your way (soon) to a much more fun, exciting task that takes place in Skull Island (I don't want to spoil it for you!).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I made it easier by not doing any of my buffaloon quests until I get the striped quest. Then they are all taken care of in one quest. It's a long one, yes but I only have to fight them for that and all the quests are fulfilled. Until the one in haunted skyway, but by then I am stronger and it's not so hard. There is an added benefit doing it this way, since I wait I am now stronger when I get Rooster Congburn's quests and they are MUCH easier to do. Just a little patience and planning and this medicine is made a bit sweeter .

Ensign
May 23, 2012
MrToro123A on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:

I just wanted to say that you just keep on trying. As annoying and hard as they are, here's a few tips:
  • Keep the contact magical. That way you won't have to worry about that annoying Vengeance Strike.
  • I would flee if the buffaloons/bumbaloons have more units in their crew than your crew has.
  • Best make sure that there is plenty of health in your crew. Swashbuckler compaions die very quickly, while privateer companions have lots of health.
My musketeer is powerful but the stupid buffaloons are blocking my attacks . I always fail is there any way to shorten the number of buffaloons to get for brother wolf of shorten the health and attacks on the bubaloons . please help my membership is running out . By the way thanks for fixing the brother owl bug !

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
sometimes you just have to do it any ways not to forget that it is a RPG game those kind of things are supose to be there!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
You should all just be happy you're fighting striped bumballoons, and not white buffaloons.
KI has already done enough work on getting this quest working right.
Having one striped bumballoon guaranteed to show up is much better than have a chance for a white buffaloon to show up with only a chance of dropping the hide.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
MrToro123A on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:

Ugh I have NO privateer companions in my crew