Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What did ye do to the Puppet Shows?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Not that I don't like what you did to them, but they look a bit different on the outside of the show. Is this part of the over 1,500 changes and fixed just made to the game? Can someone clear this up, please?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I've replayed the Puppest Shows about Captian Gunn and Gortez and began to notice key changes happened to their sets.

Developer
Hi Trimond. I'm the lead artist/animator on the puppet shows. We decided to make unique stage sets depending on which area the puppet show is given. I'm glad you like them! Hopefully that clears it up for you.

Community Leader
Donkey Hotay on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Hi Trimond. I'm the lead artist/animator on the puppet shows. We decided to make unique stage sets depending on which area the puppet show is given. I'm glad you like them! Hopefully that clears it up for you.
Thanks for popping in, Don! I'd like to take this opportunity to let you know how much I enjoy the puppet show presentation as a cutscene format. On my subsequent runthroughs of the game, I always intend to skip them for time's sake, but end up watching them anyway. Not many games have been able to pull that off, especially not MMO's!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Developer
Talkin The Plank on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Thanks for popping in, Don! I'd like to take this opportunity to let you know how much I enjoy the puppet show presentation as a cutscene format. On my subsequent runthroughs of the game, I always intend to skip them for time's sake, but end up watching them anyway. Not many games have been able to pull that off, especially not MMO's!
That is fantastic to hear! I think 2d animation is a great format for cutscenes.

I also enjoy your podcast very much. I've been using buccaneer as my main class like you. You have some very good insight about what makes Pirate fun. I'm also a big fan of the game because it reminds me of the old strategy rpgs I played as a kid like Shining Force.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oh. Well, thanks! I'm very happy of what you did to them! A pleasure to introduce yourself to the boards, too, Donkey Hotay.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
That's essentially true, Talkin The Plank! I may not have known this from before, or, anyone else who knows it or not, but earlier MMO's didn't pull off any kind of cinematic scenery until at some point where it was made possible. For that matter, heavy amounts of voice acting and the dynamic world changing features weren't applied in MMO's at that time being, too. Nowadays, it seems inevitable for future MMO's to have those features in, and much, much more. I don't intend to speed through the story at all, just listen to every word of it. I also like to play the shows again and again just for the fun and humor!

Community Leader
That is fantastic to hear! I think 2d animation is a great format for cutscenes.

I also enjoy your podcast very much. I've been using buccaneer as my main class like you. You have some very good insight about what makes Pirate fun. I'm also a big fan of the game because it reminds me of the old strategy rpgs I played as a kid like Shining Force.
Thanks for listening! I have said it before, but I was just waiting for a game that combined the strategic elements I like so much from games like the Final Fantasy Tactics series with the MMO format. When I discovered Pirate101, it was as though it was tailor made for me!

I always enjoyed the tanking aspect of the holy rpg trinity and Buccaneer is a few tweaks away from filling that role perfectly for me.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Mar 30, 2012
Donkey Hotay you my clever friend are a truly gifted artist and storyteller! I’ve watched each puppet show at least 30 times simply because I find them so entertaining. Keep up the good work! Please pass my compliments onto the rest of your team as well.

Captain
May 13, 2011
they are kinda funny too, especially when catbeard paused to compliment my pants