Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to lvl up the quickest way possible.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
I know that you don't want to waste your time with side quests, but that is just the true beauty of playing pirate101. I know that some of you think side quests are a waste of time, but I see those quests as an opportunity to level up faster (and I am not the only one who sees them that way). I know most of you know this already, but this message is for the newcomers, people who have just started the game. If anyone else would like to add an idea on leveling up faster, feel free to post.

Community Leader
I suppose for leveling the fastest, it's not so much about skipping all sidequests, but more about picking and choosing which ones you'd like to do based on what the reward will be. Some sidequests are not worth the effort, so give greater rewards than the effort required. What really makes you level a lot faster is having gone through the game once already. I was astonished when I started a few days after the game went live for everyone at how fast people were able to get to the level cap. The I realized that they had probably already played through the game a few times, or at least once, during beta, so knew how to play, what to do, where to go, and the quickest, most efficient way to do things that only really comes with experience (real experience, not xp). My advice is not to rush through the game with your first character, but rather enjoy it, see what the game has to offer and worry about speed runs on subsequent play throughs. Remember, the game is less than two months old which is very young for an MMO.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
The fastest way to level is to follow main quest line.
Side quests are for typically for gold and training tomes, and although some XP is granted, its usually minimal. This is actually one method i've found to help me identify mainquest line in my questbook. "Usually" (not always), the quest task with the most XP rewards is mainline. When I am trying to get a few quick levels for my pirate, I focus on mainline....

OFxSaint
Silent Sam Stern - Level 50 - Witchdoctor
Wicked William Whitman - Level 34 - Swashbuckler
Perilous Patrick Pace - Level 30 - Buccaneer

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
i only pick sidequest that give me a good reward but also something i am able to do

lvl twenty three swahbuckler, zane kent

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
I suppose for leveling the fastest, it's not so much about skipping all sidequests, but more about picking and choosing which ones you'd like to do based on what the reward will be. Some sidequests are not worth the effort, so give greater rewards than the effort required. What really makes you level a lot faster is having gone through the game once already. I was astonished when I started a few days after the game went live for everyone at how fast people were able to get to the level cap. The I realized that they had probably already played through the game a few times, or at least once, during beta, so knew how to play, what to do, where to go, and the quickest, most efficient way to do things that only really comes with experience (real experience, not xp). My advice is not to rush through the game with your first character, but rather enjoy it, see what the game has to offer and worry about speed runs on subsequent play throughs. Remember, the game is less than two months old which is very young for an MMO.
But some side quest may look unrewarding but it could open up to a very rewarding quest chain so you never know