Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crown Shop - Privateer Equipment

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 07, 2009
I wanted to buy the level 45 Privateer equipment from the Crown Shop but when I looked at the stats I got confused. Everything I've read and seen says that the main stat for Privateer's is Strength but Will has the largest bonus on the equipment. Is this a mistake or has Will been the main stat for Privateer's all along? If it's not will the equipment be corrected and Strength given the larger bonus?

Thanks,

Fearless Finnigan
Level 43 Privateer

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Strength will improve a privateer's attack damage, assuming you are using the recommended sword & shield.
Will improves the amount of healing you do (and possibly the damage done with Barrage).

I think KI are a little confused on the role they want a privateer to have in battle.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
A lot depends on how you play your Privateer, if you solo a lot (like me) you may find that Will is by far the most important stat (as I do a lot of healling of companions etc). If you like getting up and front and using a lot of melee attacks then Strength does become more important.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Privateers are in a whole different world of their own.

Both Strength and Will are used (although Will is the main stat). Strength is used for the slashy weapons .... and even better, the slashy/smashy weapons. Will is used for healing .... and boy, we get a lot of heals. The Privateer is sort of like Life and Balance in Wizard101.

I've kept my Strength and Will pretty equal. That way, I can heal decently, and get into the fray to attack enemies.

But, each individual will be different on how they play their Privateer. Some will boost Will as high as it will go, and others will boost Strength so they can hit harder.

So, the choice is yours on how you want your Privateer. Will is the main stat, while Strength is also a very important stat to have as well.

Dead-eye Devin Devereaux, Privateer L50
Inky India Innsbrook, Musketeer L50
Lazy Lenora Leech, Buccaneer L50

Ensign
Mar 07, 2009
"Both Strength and Will are used (although Will is the main stat)"

Are you sure? I was looking at the Player's Guide under Help (that orange question mark icon above) and it states:

Each class has a statistic that’s better to boost than others:

Buccaneers boost STRENGTH and usually prefer “Smashy” weapons
Witchdoctors boost WILL and usually prefer “Staffy” and” Spooky” weapons
Swashbucklers boost AGILITY and usually prefer “Stabby” weapons
Privateers boost STRENGTH for damage and usually prefer “Slashy” weapons (they also boost WILL for healing and other powers)
Musketeer’s boost AGILITY and usually prefer “Shooty” weapons

To me they are saying Privateers:
1) Are the only class to have a primary and secondary stat

2) Strength is the primary stat and Will is the secondary
With that in mind, QueQueg's statement of "I've kept my Strength and Will pretty equal. That way, I can heal decently, and get into the fray to attack enemies." I think they should modify all Privateer eqipment to reflect equal stat bonuses so we don't end up with "Damage" Privateers & "Healer" Privateers.

Your thoughts on this?

Bosun
May 10, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
Privateers are in a whole different world of their own.

Both Strength and Will are used (although Will is the main stat). Strength is used for the slashy weapons .... and even better, the slashy/smashy weapons. Will is used for healing .... and boy, we get a lot of heals. The Privateer is sort of like Life and Balance in Wizard101.

I've kept my Strength and Will pretty equal. That way, I can heal decently, and get into the fray to attack enemies.

But, each individual will be different on how they play their Privateer. Some will boost Will as high as it will go, and others will boost Strength so they can hit harder.

So, the choice is yours on how you want your Privateer. Will is the main stat, while Strength is also a very important stat to have as well.

Dead-eye Devin Devereaux, Privateer L50
Inky India Innsbrook, Musketeer L50
Lazy Lenora Leech, Buccaneer L50
Well said!

Privateers can be played in many different ways. You can even get a staffy weapon and train in staffy weapons and expand your casting distance, if you get a staffy weapon with the range of 5, then you can cast heals that far too.

Or, you can be limited on the range and use slashy weapons with that boost, and even go with smashy or stabby boost and use the dual classes for extra boosts. So many ways to play the privateer!

Community Leader
I'm quite happy with the split emphasis, leaving it up to the players whether they want to play Privateers primarily as an attacker or a healer / support role. In my own case, my Privateer is spending his practice points with Vadima for a Witchdoctor secondary, making him mainly a ranged caster but he can also wade in swinging when the situation calls for it.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio