Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

(BUG) Unable to Collect Doom Shards

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
In the quest, "One Foot Through the Door" (Old Scratch's 2nd promotion quest) a portion asks you to go to Avernus Skyway and collect Doom Shards. Although the map and compass work as intended, the actual shards do not show up. No interface (press "X" icon) appears when you reach where the Doom Shards are suppose to be.

I do not know when the bug began (as some players were able to complete this quest), but it has been a bug since at least October 28th, 2012 and experienced by more than one player. The below link is another player experiencing the same problem.

link

Old Scratch's promotion quest is unable to be completed with this bug.

Ensign
Jul 02, 2012
I was trying to do this quest tonight and I'm encountering the same thing. My arrow spins around at various locations at the SE part of Avernus. Map shows where Doom Shards should be, but no shards visible.

Thanks, D.

Administrator
Very strange as I was able to complete this quest just the other day myself for Old Scratch. Can anyone give me any other details about this bug that may help track it down? Is anyone familiar with a workaround for this situation?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
djstudley on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
I was trying to do this quest tonight and I'm encountering the same thing. My arrow spins around at various locations at the SE part of Avernus. Map shows where Doom Shards should be, but no shards visible.

Thanks, D.
I just did this quest last night and i think that's where they were as I remember having to go all the way to the other side the map to another stormgate. It could be that the compass is just bugged. If so, that's where they are!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Administrator
I've got some additional news on this now! The Doom Shards do in fact have too long of a respawn timer. The respawn rate of the Doom Shards will be shortened in the next major update to the game.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jul 02, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
I've got some additional news on this now! The Doom Shards do in fact have too long of a respawn timer. The respawn rate of the Doom Shards will be shortened in the next major update to the game.
Thanks for the information. It could have been that I wasn't patient enough on the respawn rate, but I definitely was at the farrrrrrrrrrr end of the map. I will try it again at some point in the near future.