Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stealth attacks and Critical attacks.

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I have been fighting the Duck with no Name at least a hundred times, and over that time, once I learned Assassin's Strike, I have noticed something. Let's use Assassin's Strike as an example.

A normal hit under normal circumstances does about 220 or so damage. Ok. Looks about right.

A critical hit under normal circumstances does about 450 damage. Looks about right.

A normal hit with stealth does about 450 damage. Looks about right.

A critical hit with stealth does about... 450 damage. Hey, waitaminute!!

It does not seem correct. A critical hit with stealth should about 600+ damage. Easy. And that is with only about 1.5 times instead of 2.0 times as it goes with criticals. Because I have seen the 600+ damage before. It was more in the 700+ range to be exact.

Something to me does not seem to add up, and I really want to know if that is how it is supposed to go, or if there is something that makes it not do the damage that I expect to see.

Administrator
Some bosses may have an epic ability that caps the amount of damage that can be done to them in a single hit.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
Some bosses may have an epic ability that caps the amount of damage that can be done to them in a single hit.
So I can't attain "One in a Million" in Pirate101?????

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I figured that as a possibility, One Eyed Jack.

That is unfortunate.

Ratbeard mentions the 'cherry on top' that is the reward for determination and perseverence, but .... what really is the point of a cherry on top there if you are being prevented from putting a cherry on top here?

Some of the most rewarding moments in any rpg game is just that. The cherry on top. And seeing huge numbers of damage. Wizard101 does not have that, so, I have to ask the developers ... why Pirate101?

Thank you One Eyed Jack.