Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Level 50 and no increase in experiance

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 27, 2009
A quick question,

What happens when you reach level 50 and your experience bar "freezes" at 16 out of 6000 experience? If you complete any quests past that are those points then "lost" forever, or is the progress "tracked & banked" and will be applied later when more comes available?

I know it takes a good amount of time to develop quality content, and that is not the issue. I am enjoying the game and story-line immensely, and wish to proceed, but I am concerned I will struggle greatly once more content does become available if points earned currently beyond lvl 50 are lost.

I thank you in advance,

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
The level cap right now is 50 and I don't believe any points beyond that are tracked, or banked, or saved up in anyway.

Community Leader
Ruby Blades on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
The level cap right now is 50 and I don't believe any points beyond that are tracked, or banked, or saved up in anyway.
Should be correct. Pretty sure I saw Ratbeard or another dev say this in a previous post.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It Wizard101 the experience points earned after hitting the cap are not banked for when the cap is subsequently raised. I assume the same is true here.

-Michael

Community Leader
I imagine that in the next expansion, they will balance the starting areas assuming that people are lvl 50 and didn't save all the quests after they hit level cap to boost themselves going in to the expansion. That being said, you could do that and wait until the expansion to finish all the other quests so that you'd start the next expansion a few days late, but a few levels higher . . . or they could combat that practice by make each level after 50 require 2 or 3 times as much xp than pre-50 and have all the expansion content grant significantly more, so players who were close to the cap could start the new content early and catch up quickly. Tough to tell what they'll do, but best to just play the game as you like and hope for the best!

I would like it, though, if the quests that solely award xp would switch to awarding gold once you hit level cap so you still get something, other than the satisfaction of a job well done.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Once I hit level 50, I plan on not doing any more quests until the level cap is lifted. What I am planning on doing is to farm for Gold and items from bosses and ship battles.

Ensign
Jul 05, 2010
I also agree that would be perfect, if I wasn't about to be level 50 and berely half way through Mooshu... ..which means I would never get to see Marleybone :/

Worried about not being 99% of the way through a level? There's MORE than enough content in every expansion to skip a good percentage of it and still reach the new level cap (drawing on the Wizard101 update history). I'm 100% not worried.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am some distance away from hitting the cap - running one pirate of each class at the moment (although time is not equally divided among them). I will probably do like I have been doing in Wizard101 - stop playing a character when he or she hits the cap. I have never met an experience point I didn't love, and I hate wasting any!

-Michael

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
I've reached level 50 by completing the Khotan Dungeon. So far I've defeated Stormzilla, promoted Kan Po to Goat Master, got the Green Egg and added Monkey King to my team. Still level 50.
Now I am trying to decide if it's best to continue the quests I have and finish the game, or to farm and level my companions (they range from level 37 to 51), or level my Galleon (which it's only level 42), or simply start a new pirate.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
In my experience, all of the pirate classes are fun to play. Why not start another one?

-Michael

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
We all know that the increase in Expierience but what you have to think about is what are you gonna do next?

First- Level up your companions

Second- level up your ship

Third- Get a TON of money for new gear

Fourth- Gte some good companions

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Since xp is not banked in Wizard101, I seriously doubt xp will be banked here.

However, you can still get nautical xp from some quests and side quests, along with companion training points. But yes, you will lose the xp if you continue the journey to the end once you reach level 50.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
I just completed the first turtle ball quest which took me over level 50, I still have my experience bar and the count up the next level of 6000? So has the level cap been removed?