Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

3 suggestions that would make for better game

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 22, 2009
1. Having random companions enter the battle all the time if very off-putting. There are certain companions I like much more than others. An option for us to select more than a single companion to join you in battle would be very nice. i.e. DO put them in order and it will always select them in that order for the amount of people that you can have in that certain battle.

2. I am a buyer of many crowns. :) But the crown gear in this game is very limited compared to what it once was in Wizards. An idea how to better this is to make a set level gear have X amount of points to put into Y (attributes or card ability). This would make people WANT to buy more crown gear because you could then truly customize what you want for the class and off-class you're going for.

3. As with having too many random elements in companions you have the same dilema in spell choices once you've trained more than what is available at the bottom of your screen in battle. I now have several just flat out very situational spells that I have yet to cast in actual battle. Meanwhile, I have to use something that isn't optimal to get to a stronger spell that isn't on the spell bar yet. Having an option to prioritize your spells for battle would make for a MUCH more enjoyable battle process. Perhaps this could be solved by having an option to disable abilities on your ability tab.

Great job on the game. These are the 3 items I can see that could greatly enhance my fun and game play. Keep up the good work!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Jetadolkun on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
1. Having random companions enter the battle all the time if very off-putting. There are certain companions I like much more than others. An option for us to select more than a single companion to join you in battle would be very nice. i.e. DO put them in order and it will always select them in that order for the amount of people that you can have in that certain battle.

2. I am a buyer of many crowns. :) But the crown gear in this game is very limited compared to what it once was in Wizards. An idea how to better this is to make a set level gear have X amount of points to put into Y (attributes or card ability). This would make people WANT to buy more crown gear because you could then truly customize what you want for the class and off-class you're going for.

3. As with having too many random elements in companions you have the same dilema in spell choices once you've trained more than what is available at the bottom of your screen in battle. I now have several just flat out very situational spells that I have yet to cast in actual battle. Meanwhile, I have to use something that isn't optimal to get to a stronger spell that isn't on the spell bar yet. Having an option to prioritize your spells for battle would make for a MUCH more enjoyable battle process. Perhaps this could be solved by having an option to disable abilities on your ability tab.

Great job on the game. These are the 3 items I can see that could greatly enhance my fun and game play. Keep up the good work!
I think they did alright with the companions and you're right on the crown gear. What you should do is lvl your first mate and your last mate and when you get to lvl 10, lvl 20, lvl 30; you get it right? I think the things that companion's can use is great. As long as you lvl up them the way I told you, you'll be alright.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
Jetadolkun on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:

1. Agree 100% with this one. We need to be able to actually "manage" our companions just like any Captain is able to "manage" his/her own crew. Even if it is is as simple as this one will always be first, second, third, etc, anything is better than the quasi random system the game launched with.

2. And I'm really surprised they didn't max out crown items for all classes in the Crown shop. Hopefully they will in the future. I don't see very much at all for Swashbucklers.

3. The work around I found (by accident) is, just like in W101; "right-clicking" lets you discard a power (spell) card to get to the one you want to use faster. Not perfect, but at least you don't have to "cast" something else if you don't want to while you wait for the card you really want. I can discard sometimes 3 or more cards per turn this way since I can anticipate I won't need them.