Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Key from Inoshishi Bandits

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
Can I bring this up as a bug, I know some others have had a problem, and as more people arrive in Mooshu, they will too.

After the white buffaloon problem, thought it was full sail ahead, but not to be.

This quest is just as bad :(

After 4 hours,multiple fights (forgot how many now, but at least 1 fight every ten minutes) still no key has dropped.

Can this be looked into, its very frustrating :(

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
yes, this quest does need to be looked at, I am have the exact same problem. Three days on the quest and no key drop.

Ensign
Aug 30, 2011
really annoying quest. Dont know if it is a bug, but where ever tavern you in one eyed jack, please have it looked at.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Yes, this is one of those quests that can take forever to get the key from the Inoshishi Bandits.

Friends of mine and I have fought single battles, and group battles to see if the key would drop sooner .... no luck.

I don't mind a few fights, but fighting hours on end just to get one little key is a little extreme.

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Seems I am not alone, This is very frustrating for sure... two days and nothing!

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
I fought five battles in a row without getting a key when I was fighting the bandits right at the entrance (where the map places the icon). When I moved towards the bandits next to the cave, I received the key after two attempts.

Not sure if that had any impact at all, but I distinctly remember moving to that spot because after each of those five battles I didn't get any text at all saying I didn't receive the key (my quest description just didn't change). When I moved to the area next to the cave, I received a text message saying I didn't receive a key (for the one battle I didn't receive it).

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I had amazing luck on my musketeer when i did this quest, i got it on my first try, however on my swashbuckler it took me a bit longer. Sorry guys, but this is the hardest world and its gotta be how its gotta be

Dead-Eye Luke, Level 50

Cunning Luke Sharp, Level 50

Ensign
Aug 25, 2011
This is ridiculous, 3rd day on this stupid quest, at least 50 attempts. I am not amused.

Golden Krystal Dove

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
I had the same experience as Kingurz.

I also found that the quest arrow for the Bushi Samurais sends you to the wrong location (where that are marked on the overhead map is right however).

Ensign
Jul 07, 2010

I have been doing this quest now for several hours and still no key drop. This is getting frustrating!!!

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
So is this problem going to be fixed?
My son and I are doing this quest together. We are both witchdoctors. I received the key after about 5 attempts, my son has yet to and we have been trying for 3 days now!
Yes i get it, it is Mooshu and quests will be more difficult, but come on. This is outrageous I would say.
How about fixing the issue.
My child is 8 years old and does not need to be in a state of frustration over his favorite game. As a parent, it just breaks my heart to see my child so upset.
Please fix it kingsIsle!

Brave Olivia Freeman & Finnigan (Witch doctors lvl 44 & 41)

Ensign
Mar 30, 2011
Dead Eye Luke on Nov 30, 2012 wrote:
I had amazing luck on my musketeer when i did this quest, i got it on my first try, however on my swashbuckler it took me a bit longer. Sorry guys, but this is the hardest world and its gotta be how its gotta be

Dead-Eye Luke, Level 50

Cunning Luke Sharp, Level 50
Kinda have to agree with Luke here on this one. If it is actually a bug I understand, it should be fixed, but like he said it is the hardest world. It took me about 5 days to get the key on this. It is frustrating for sure, but I don't expect everything to be handed to me either. It makes the game better in my opinion when you actually have to work for something.

Bloody Karic

Ensign
Oct 10, 2012
guys they fixed it I rushed thru it pretty quick.

Ensign
May 21, 2011
wayhaulaway on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
guys they fixed it I rushed thru it pretty quick.
not fixed, it seems you just got lucky. It's my second day and I have given up, to try again tomorrow.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
This quest took 7 tries for to find the key (4 with my other char) and yes i don't get the point to farm for a quest item honestly .

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
What I suspect is that there's a low drop percentage (or whatever it is) on the Inoshihsi Bandits because your pirate must get used to their battle strategies and abilities. See, after going through SO many for the quest, you ought to know a thing or two about them. Knowing thine enemies will help a great deal in the multi-level tower following this quest. (Just thought I'd let you guys know!)

Good luck, and happy questing - viva piratas!

D.S. Devereaux

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
DS Devereaux on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
What I suspect is that there's a low drop percentage (or whatever it is) on the Inoshihsi Bandits because your pirate must get used to their battle strategies and abilities. See, after going through SO many for the quest, you ought to know a thing or two about them. Knowing thine enemies will help a great deal in the multi-level tower following this quest. (Just thought I'd let you guys know!)

Good luck, and happy questing - viva piratas!

D.S. Devereaux
inosishi strategies where? Just Zerg them!!

Anytime a quick hint: there is a questo from Crimson docks (sout temple) wich ask to find a thing on Inosishi bandits (for to unlock the inosishi companion), it works with ino lvl 39 too, i gone to moomori compound for to do it, very faster instead to face the pigs lvl 50 in south temple ^^.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2009
I experienced this too. On my first guy it took me several days of lots of battles to get it and on my second guy I am rapidly approaching it and not looking forward to it.

50 Scurvy Nathan Richmond
41 Thrifty Sebastian Grant

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
I have done this quest 3 times myself and along with family and friends, have seen it completed about 10 times. Not once has anyone received the key before gaining the Pig Basher badge(kill 50 Inoshishi)

So yea, the drop rate is REALLY low and if you get if in under 6 battles, you're pretty lucky. I don't think they're gonna fix it, it's meant to be this frustrating.

Nikita Devereaux Lvl 50

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
I had a problem with it too, spent about 3 hours on it with no drop, but then I moved a little farther in on the street and got the key immediately. There might just be a problem with the first battlefield.
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 41

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
This quest is terrible! I have been working on it off and on for two weeks now and have killed 117 Inoshishi bandits. I have tried every location on the street multiple times, both with other players and without. I know that alot of people are having problems with this, but has everyone gotten the key eventually? I am extremely frustrated with this quest and debating whether or not to post it as a bug.
-Fair Charlotte Firth, level 41 Musketeer

Ensign
Jul 26, 2011
yeah this is a problem for me too! I've already gotten the pig smasher(50 pigs) and i still haven't...i really hope i don't need to go for 2 weeks like tackupwind. But tbh as the battles progress I get used to the pigs' strategies and each battle becomes a little easier. I'm guessing that's what pirate101 administration for the quest wants everyone to get used to the pigs' moves and stuff.

Alura Parker lvl 43

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Feel bad for you guys i got it on my first try.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ruthless Caleb Gun... on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
Feel bad for you guys i got it on my first try.
x Hawkules and Eros hold back a sputtering Ratbeard x Ratbeard: "Captain Please let me blow him up, just a little, Pleeeeze? I know he had to have some inside help. The odds just can't work that way"
Anne: " Calm down ya git! He just had a wee bit of good luck, thats all. "
x Anne turns around to see the entire Mooshu crew glaring at her. x "Ok, Ok, so it was a bonnie good leprechaun kind of luck, but luck nonetheless. It's not his fault the dice rolled in his favor." Gracie snatches up the dice and starts dismantling it. x Annie yells " Give that back to him, that's not gonna help a thing" and races off chasing a giggling Gracie off into the Aquilian maze.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
OK, I just did this fight with my buccaneer, Strong Christina and she got the key after the second fight . Yea I know this is unheard of odds and I do not know what was the contributing factor. For the first fight I had help (Thank you to Salty Jack) and everything progressed as usual. The second fight I started alone as Jack had heard an urban legend that you get the key faster if you fight alone. As I fought I told him my history with my other pirates and how I always got my keys when I had lots of other fighters with me. At this point I lost my first mate (I won't mention that it was Scratchy to save him from embarrassment) and Jack's chivalry reflex kicked in and flung him into the fight for one and a half rounds. Then the fight was over and I had my key.
So if you can figure out all these extenuating factors and deduce what it was that swung the odds into our favor it will ease the frustration levels for so many pirates that have been forced to camp out in that South West corner of the Sujimura Village. I truly hope this helps someone. And if you figure it out please share it with all those stressed out pirates suffering from nightmares of chasing pigs with keys hanging all over them that stay just out of reach.