Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quest Helper: not much of a "help"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 24, 2009
Hello, me fellow pirates, and one eyed jack, who I expect to look into this matter,

When I leveled my Kan Po companion to 14, it gave me a quest, yes, but no quest helper, see. I went to a tavern cellar as usual, and I spoke to him. But as I did so, he didn't give me a quest line, and he just told me to go to st. bonobo's abby to speak to a monkey. I did so, only because i remember where it was. I couldn't figure out who to talk to, though. but this one was obvious: he was the only on there without and exclamation point above his head!

He told me to speak to the legendary monkey man. Now, this is where i started having problems. But luckily, the twister of torment (or whatever you call it), was right round the corner! I went to speak to the monkey of legend, and he asked me to get 5 bananas- i forgot where. I couldn't talk to him again, and I cant finish the quest. Welp. guess Kan po is going to the end of my companion list until the problem is fixed. THANKS!

P.S. Can you add a "Preview" button to the message boards so I can see what it looks like?

Eric LegendRider on W101, Level 80 (with Azteca, soon 90)
Loyal Eric Lester on P101, Level 17

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The Bananas you are supposed to get for the Iron Monkey are in the Ancient Ruins of the Gold Mine in Tradewinds Skyway. Your Quest Journal should state this. Also, make sure that you have the correct quest selected (sometimes I have the wrong quest highlighted). The Quest Arrow (Helper) has been working fine for me.

Ensign
Apr 24, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Nov 6, 2012 wrote:
The Bananas you are supposed to get for the Iron Monkey are in the Ancient Ruins of the Gold Mine in Tradewinds Skyway. Your Quest Journal should state this. Also, make sure that you have the correct quest selected (sometimes I have the wrong quest highlighted). The Quest Arrow (Helper) has been working fine for me.
yeah now i cant even do the quest for some reason o:

Ensign
Apr 24, 2009
Can someone from KI please reset my Kan Po quest so I can start over? This time, its not even showing that he has a quest, it just has a (!) on his icon under companions.