Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestion: Add option to recolor Flag

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2010
I've debated about posting this, but it's starting to become an issue for me. Is there any chance of adding the ability to (for a fee, gold and/or crowns) repick the colors and icon for our flag? I've had access to the game since headstart, and I still don't have a character I'm sure that I want to keep - no matter what I pick for a flag, I'm not sure I'm happy with it. And I don't want to invest a lot of time in a character that I'm not totally happy with. (I think I might have started, and then deleted, as many as ten characters because of this. I quit trying to keep track of how many. It's honestly reached the point where I don't even want to log in until I reach a decision. And "just pick something and hope it grows on you" isn't an option for me.)

I understand that you probably intended the flags to be a permanent part of a character's "identity," but considering that it's just colored cloth, it doesn't really make a lot of sense that there isn't any option to change it. Even if someone isn't as indecisive as I am, there's always the possibility that someone may just decide that another icon or color pattern would fit the character better. (For example, if someone made a character with a "funny" flag that stopped being as amusing later on, or if someone accomplished something and wanted to commemorate it on their flag, or whatever.)

I'm not suggesting this needs to be something that's easy, or inexpensive. But it would be nice if the option was available.

Community Leader
I understand where you're coming from. Whenever I get a chance to color code anything in a game, I always go with dark purple and dark green because I find something interesting about those two colors together. My first character in Pirate 101 was no exception. Fast forward to getting my first skiff and I was shocked to see that the purple of my outfit had been translated into a giant pink sailing ship. Haha!

Full disclosure: it's starting to grow on me.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
dont feel bad, my sister and I have both made several characters and deleted them and remade them many times to get a flag we are happy with. guess we are all indescisive lol