Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Already it starts.........

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2012
Here I am, out in the big sky, plundering other ships for a quest, and suddenly there are 3 more people and 2 more enemies in the battle. Uninvited. How many other ships are floating out there to plunder? Maybe 10 - 15? This has happened to me twice today. My crew wasn't having any trouble with these sharks. I didn't send up any flag with "Help" on it. I guess pirates need to be trained just like wizards. Don't join a fight uninvited, especially when you have to board another pirate's boat to get to the enemy. What's up with that?

Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
There are a few reasons to why they joined battle:

1)They had a quest to defeat the Storm Sharks and they keep getting defeated by them so they went and joined your battle.

2)They just wanted to get gold for fun for Training Tomes, ships etc..

3)They thought there was no more other Storm Sharks in the skyway so they joined your battle.

4)They are trolling you if they keep join your battles.

Cass Underwood L17

Ensign
May 24, 2012
The same thing just happened to me again. The person even admitted he waited until I had all the enemy almost dead before he joined me. Very rude. Then I had a thought............can we use the eject passengers button during a battle? Ha!!! That would be gooooood.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Part of the problem is that the Pirates that join a fight probably need that type of enemy for a Quest they are working on and possibly they don't want to do a ship to ship fight. This is something that we have to put up with.

I highly recommend learning Rouse spells and/or obtaining items that have healing spells (like Livsey's Ring in Crown Shop).

Other than that, don't rush towards a fight without plenty of backup that can get there quickly (unless you have a lot of Health that can take a lot of hits). Have a partner that has healing spells available.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
There is also an issue with the quest arrow. Sometimes it will point at the ship/enemy that you are currently in hand to hand combat with, even though there are plenty of other types floating around. Some folks, especially in the first couple of worlds, may not realize this and be entering your specific duel to update their quests.

If some folks are doing this in later worlds or intentionally doing it, that is different. They might have the Wizard101 mentality where more of the same enemies, increases the chances of quest updates. That is true to a degree, but it is more of a pain in Pirate101 the closer someone joins at the end of your battle (since the newer enemies don't immediately target the newest player, they attack the closet player, which is almost always the person who entered the battle first).

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
In the first few worlds I can see how this can be seriously annoying. Trust me though, once you hit Cool Ranch you'll be PRAYING someone joins your battle. I had no problem soloing the game up until I got to OPed Cool Ranch (though I am still soloing) where if you don't have the perfect strategy and decent companions you can and will be easily wiped out. Haven't gotten to MooShu yet so don't know how that is.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
I have the same complaint, mine was jumping on a ship I had just damaged enough to board then blocking me on the gangpanks from being able to even hit the enemy. I find it immature and in poor sportsmanship, this person circled and waited purposely. Just like wz101 why don't people ask to join a battle? Learn some common courtesy, I never join a battle without asking first unless I get grabbed accidentally passing by (not on ship but battles on foot). If the same person continues to bother you... write their name down and report them, or they will continue to do it to you and others as well. Sad that we have to step to those measures but sometimes that's what it takes to get a point across. Good Luck and Take Care!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Noble Wolf on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
In the first few worlds I can see how this can be seriously annoying. Trust me though, once you hit Cool Ranch you'll be PRAYING someone joins your battle. I had no problem soloing the game up until I got to OPed Cool Ranch (though I am still soloing) where if you don't have the perfect strategy and decent companions you can and will be easily wiped out. Haven't gotten to MooShu yet so don't know how that is.
He's right cool ranch is where the game picks up they aint holding your hand anymore they mean buisness and give no mercy and dont get me started on the scorpions...~ scurvy orion lanyard lvl 31 privateer

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Depending on the situation, I FLEE, then switch realms!
If I'm just farming or something no biggie. But I have had folks who just stand back and reap the rewards for my hard work, and it makes me CRAZY!

I was doing a dungeon and someone joined me on the sigil, so you KNOW this was not just an OOPS. He didn't do anything, and then asked me to join him in a group. I told him that if he "helped" the way he did in that dungeon, no way.
His comment was " Well at least I didn't flee, I always finish a battle!"
Now THAT one really CRACKED me up!

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
I don't have an issue with people joining battle, IF they do something! I hate that the game allows them to jump in your battle then just walk away while you fight more enemies and they get the same rewards. Many, many people are abusing that ability. I think the game should have a default that if a person in a battle does nothing for 3 rounds, they are removed, no rewards, and sent back to the last life fountain they were at.

Ensign
Jan 24, 2010
You do know this is a Multiplayer game right? I suggest playing a single player game if you have problems with people joining in on the fun.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2009
bendello on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
You do know this is a Multiplayer game right? I suggest playing a single player game if you have problems with people joining in on the fun.
I rarely do this but hey.

There are MMOs out there that combat lock the fight. You can choice to turn it on or off. Then there are some that make it to where the one that starts the fight or gets a certain percent of damage gets the reward.

The part your missing and the problem is allot of people do this because it makes them feel better causing other people problems. It feeds their small egos. The problem with Wizard and pirate 101 that protects allot of MMOs is your avatars reputation doesn't exist and or doesn't matter.

People that just join fights to spoil other peoples fun should loose there accounts.

Bad sportsman ship is bad sportsmanship no matter what.

Finally MMO vs a single player RPG just doesn't compare and is unfair to compare. If it wasn't for the solo players in this game KI would loose allot of subs. Also allot of MMOs allot of their subs are solo players.

I hate to ask this but 12lives how many times you just waited to join a fight at the end or just annoyed someone. The new system is way worse than the old combat system.

I had a guy join one of my fights right when i killed the whole group didn't do anything but joined and got the reward. He also made sure to point that out.

That comment of your isnt the worse time ive seen it probbly wont be the last. Your just wrong.

Simply put KI is supporting greifers in the way with the new system and will loose subs over it in the long run.

Feel free to put up a argument why Ki just couldn't lock fights and make everyone happy. Also to stop your one answer about space. Their isn't anything stopping them from making instants of mobs already in a ship fight. For none ship combat make it to where you can lock your fight and the lock can only be override if all mobs in that area are engaged. That also work for ship combat.

A nice side effect of this it was even out the server use for that area on each server. Instead of 1 or 2 servers being packed. I could just go to a none packed server and solo to my hearts content.

Wizard and pirate 101 can totally be soloed for 90% plus of the content. Id almost totally argue its more of a solo game then a multiplayer game.

Maybe KI should make it worth peoples wild to group. Because as of now i have no reason to.

I'll give you a hint if you cant kill stuff do side quest. If you do all the side quest your normally like 5 levels over the area.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
Yes, I agree, it can be annoying. But keep in mind that it can sometimes be easier to fight with others. This is a MMO. Plus, if you die and there is another person, you stay in the battle and still get the reward. I find this very helpful if doing a quest like the Presdio.