Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cool Ranch.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
I was having fun up until I've arrived at Cool Ranch. This world is really OPed. The buffaloons are much more powerful then I think they should be. I have 4 promoted units and they die relatively quickly, especially if they're ganged up on and the Buffaloons use their heavy attack. Plus, they have a Vengeance Strike which gives them a bonus attack. They need to be nerfed. There is also a problem with the collect Buffaloon hide quest. The one where you have to collect 8. I've done the quest almost twenty times and have still to collect one.

To top it off the quest has a bug where after I finish a battle it won't even count towards my quest I don't get a Collected # of 8 or a Did not collect. Top that with all the other complaints on this part of the board and Cool Ranch is seriously messed up. KI, please fix this world.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
yes please fix this world i cant move to the next zone because of the boot hill quest

Ensign
Apr 24, 2012
I just hit this zone at 17 and am dying left and right. I barely get one attack off to their 3-4 big hits. I am level 17 and can't even come close to competing with the mobs you have to kill and yes, the baffaloon quest when I am lucky to survive their huge attacks I have yet to even get 1 hide. This zone is definitely making this game not enjoyable. My son doesn't even want to play anymore due to the unbalanced nature.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I had trouble in Cool Ranch when I first arrived there (level 18 or 19 Privateer). My advice - if you declined any side quests to get here go back and do them. Take the easy quests in Cool Ranch first and use the equipment that you find or get to help your character survive. If you are blowing ships out of the sky, board them and get that equipment. One thing that I noticed right away is that the equipment in Cool Ranch is 1 to 2 notches above the equipment elsewhere. Whereas my old equipment might have a health of 9 and an armor of 3, the equipment here seems to have a health of 20+ and I've seen armor starting at 9.

On some of the quests, I had to stop each time I defeated an opponent and either heal myself and/or restore some of my Companions. Once I completed some quests, my experience seemed to jump up.

Yes, this place is more challenging but the rewards seem to match the challenges.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
Well, I still am spending hours trying to collect the meat but I found a somewhat easier way of going about fighting the OPed Buffaloons. I am a Swashbuckler with almost 55% dodge chance. The buffaloons don't have great accuracy (good but not great) and I tend to dodge 80% of their attacks minus their heavy attack. I usually bum rush the White Buffaloon because he is a cut above the regular ones.

Then I have my companions all attack one at a time I recommend you only use promoted units as weaker units will die very quickly especially those of the Swashbuckler class. In short, try to wear high dodge armor I recommend your dodge within the 50-60 range it will help against the buffaloons. Though this doesn't help the drop rate so good luck there.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
i have to agree with CrazyWolf2000 this section is way to over powered all my family already quit and i am not planning to spend my allowance to renew my membership. i am level 25 buccaneer nautical 24 champions all lvl 23 and you know what? i can barely survive this section. my skill quest omg.. impossible.. i go in the dungeon and i get 2 to 3 champions v 7-8 spirit guys in 2 max 3 rounds i'm dead and my champions all dead with me I've done this quest already 10 times i was on the verge of crying its so unfair. i used my birthday money to buy crowns so i have crown gear and i use the potions( one for character one for champions) to increase dodge strength for my character and champions still not enough. i thought ok let me leave this quest alone and go do another quest i have to fight scorpions i get killed in 2 rounds after few hours trying i say ok let me try another maybe i need to be lvl 30+ for scorpions.. so i moved on to the next quest i get slaughtered my little cousins and i were having a blast in the first worlds till we got to cool ranch the fun is gone, my cousins quit already after spending 3 days trying to get the hide were all done and going back to wizards till this game is fixed. i don't see this game picking up at all till KI does some major nurfing. i heard mooshoo is worse then cool ranch.. sad to say good bye pirates101 i am going back to wizards101.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2009