Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lava Fish are cheapskates!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
In the volcano on Waponi Wu, I encountered two Lava Fish on the bridge. I defeated them and opened their two chests and got ZIP. NADA. BUPKIS - no gold at all. And they were gold fish, too.

Ensign
Jul 01, 2012
Apparently they digested the gold and melted it into their scales? XD It's not too dissimilar from the situation at the top of the volcano, either ;)

Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
It is a small chance to get chests from them at the end of battle, if you do you get something around 14 gold.

Cass Underwood L13

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
lava fish i don't know what those are because i am only lvl 7 sincerely, nicole underwood

i am also jessica winterflower in w101

Captain
May 02, 2009
Willowydream on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
In the volcano on Waponi Wu, I encountered two Lava Fish on the bridge. I defeated them and opened their two chests and got ZIP. NADA. BUPKIS - no gold at all. And they were gold fish, too.
Lava Fish are sooooooooo very much like sheapskates, I did Waponi Wu with a four man team and beat all those lava fish and not one chest appeared! Wasted eforts.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
I was able to solo Waponi Wu. I'm a witchdoctor and my first mate was Milo Graytail.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 16

Community Leader
They may be cheap, but their animation when you crit on them is hilarious.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
You don't know cheap until you fight scorpions in cool ranch annoying dodge chance high attack and they crit alot plus they give bad rewards for that level~ scurvy orion lanyard lvl 31

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
It seems the high level you get, the less the battles drop. Even bosses often drop nothing. Just the nature of the game.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
You are correct. They are quite strong enemies, and not one golden coin did I find.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
natenkate on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
It seems the high level you get, the less the battles drop. Even bosses often drop nothing. Just the nature of the game.
Don't say these pessimistic things , you will see... just an example: Friar Sand in Moshuu can drop every time you beat him (take 5 minutes) around the same amount of gold you get from captain Gunn treasure , not mentioning the epic gear too.

Lava fishes are just on the passage, stomp on them and pass over .

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
The problem, I think, is that treasure chests appear where the enemy died. In that particular fight, there is a lot of open air where the fish can go but you cannot. So if you kill them out there and not on the bridge you won't get any treasure.

Ensign
Nov 21, 2009
so true i got max gold after fighting friar sand about 10 times XD