Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Boochbeard Bundle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 28, 2012
Hello I have a question about the bundles.
I understand from the Captain's Log post that the Cat Companion and house can only be redeemed on one character but what about the mount/pet/clothes/weapon can they be put in the shared bank or are they no trade.

Thanks for any help

Community Leader
As of right now, The Parrot Mount, Pet, Sword, and Clothes can all be placed in your Shared bank.
*Just tested it out.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Ahhh, I didn't get any notifictaion about the Cat only be available on one pirate. If I knew I wouldn't had redeemed it on my privateer
With the weapon and cloths do the stats change based on what level you are when you redeem them?

Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
Logansan on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
Ahhh, I didn't get any notifictaion about the Cat only be available on one pirate. If I knew I wouldn't had redeemed it on my privateer
With the weapon and cloths do the stats change based on what level you are when you redeem them?
I too would like to know if the stats change depending on the level upon redeeming them.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Logansan on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
I would think that they would redeem about one to to levels above your main character. I know when I redeemed my Cat that he was level 3 where I was level 1. Also, when I get a new Companion, the Companion's level is at least at my level or 1 to 2 levels higher. As far as I know (which isn't very far), the weapons and clothing do not affect the levels of new Companions.

Companions cannot be exchanged between any of your pirates (again, as far as I know). Once you get them, they are yours to do what you want with that Pirate only.

Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
Grr. My son redeemed my bundle house on his character. The game pushed him into doing it with all it's popups about you got a free gift! Click here!... I think purchased items should be transferrable within the account. That would make me less aggravated at this point.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Freygea on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
I too would like to know if the stats change depending on the level upon redeeming them.
The gear is redeemed at the level you select. These items will have a set of levels to choose from, and you will usually be reminded to be careful when selecting the level. Your character doesn't have to be the same level as the level of gear you select, but you will only be able to equip the gear when you reach the level you have chosen. Each level has different stats placed on the gear. The higher the level the more significant the stats. Below is an example of the possible levels.

No level requirement (level 0 to 9)
Requires level 10 (level 10 to 19)
Requires level 20 (level 20 to 29)
Requires level 30 (level 30 to 39)
Requires level 40 (level 40 to 49)
Requires level 50 (level 50 to 59)

Ensign
Mar 25, 2009
i agree (badgerly), purchased items should be transferable within the same acct, or should be available for all created characters on said account (which is the current standard in mmos, with cash purchased pets / mounts / bonuses). This would specifically promote sales of game cards and reward players who support KI by providing non game breaking bonuses. For instance, i have purchased the boochbeard bundle, and would love to purchase the cutthroat card as well, however, since i only have one character (and will only have one until he is done with everything), i dont want to waste the value of the card by having 2 special (non transferable) homes for this pirate. But if i knew that in the future when i made another character, they would also have the home, the value of the cutthroat bundle remains intact. A new character would also get the cat/cutthroat at start to prevent someone from trying to transfer a maxed companion to a low level player, which preserves game balance. Having these premium items bound to only one character is a roadblock to your own profitability.

Im loving the game and hoping for these quality of life changes.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Logansan on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Thanks Ruby, I guess I wait until level 50 then.
I am glad I could help.

Happy sailing