Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nurse Quinn Needs to be Buffed.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 30, 2013
Hi there!
i'm an average pirate101 player.
this is my first topic so pls point out anything i'm doing wrong.
So anyways,this is something not too many people talk about.
When i got my swashbuckler to cool ranch i got nurse quinn.
i thought she was like any other companion.
soon,however,I found out that she was perhaps the worst companion in the game!
She gets first strike and a rouse,that's it.
she's also a melee witchdoctor,so why not make her a privateer?
the thing that outrages me is that kingsisle never did anything to help make her better!
There are so many great companions in this amazing game such as el toro,baar,peter quint,goronado,and fan flanders!
(there are way more great companions too)
So why can't nurse quinn be good too?
So kingisle,this is my only request
Can you please buff nurse quinn?
she could receive a lot of improvements,and she can actually become viable!
so pls buff nurse quinn.
Trustworthy Kevin Spencer lvl 65 witchdoctor(i can't find the emblem that goes with each class)
Samuel lvl 28 musketeer
Smiling Kyle Dennis lvl 21 swashbuckler.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Are you sure she doesn't recieve one more epic?

Anyway there have been other topics asking for a buff to Nurse Quinn and I don't think that is the solution here

My friend who is a swashbuckler uses Nurse Quinn in his line up of companions(he has his selection set at random but puts his bad companions on pet wrangling) her heal and pack a punch against melee enemies makes her a viable companion

Nurse Quinn is viable for her heal, Vengenance strike and relentless

Anyway regarding the buff not being the solution I reckon it isn't because Nurse Quinn should receive a promotion

All humanoid companions sooner or later need at least 1 promotion so why not design a model and give one to her? With another epic and a cooler look people will certainly start using this underrated companion

Ensign
May 30, 2013
you made a good reply.
maybe she can be viable.
i just thought that she only gets first strike,but i forgot about the lvl 35 and 55 epic talents.
all i really wanted to say is that she could maybe receive like one more epic at start and maybe an epic strike,but i always elaborate accidentally.

Trustworthy Kevin Spencer lvl 67(last time i was using a wii u to type so that's probably why it didn't work)
Samuel lvl 28
Smiling Kyle Dennis lvl 21

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I always laugh that she hits enemies with her medical bag because she has the physician's desk reference in there! It's a giant heavy book. You know what would make her better a promotion to hoodoo healer and give her a group heal.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 30, 2016 wrote:
I always laugh that she hits enemies with her medical bag because she has the physician's desk reference in there! It's a giant heavy book. You know what would make her better a promotion to hoodoo healer and give her a group heal.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I always thought it was a Grey's Anatomy in there. ( And I'm not talking about a TV show, guys! )
She should at least get a mojo strike, instead of a melee hit. Yes! give her Reinforce!!!!! ( joking, that would make her better than Emmett. ) At least give her Regroup, then I could bring her out from Pet Wranglin' and join the rest of the team!
In fact, make her like the Chicken Nurses in the Smuggler's gauntlet!

Ensign
May 30, 2013
i'm not sure about making her like the nurses in smuggler's arena because they are better than most companions,so it would make something as bad as the nausica debate.
maybe something moderate,like at max lvl and all promotions(if she gets any when a buff is given to her)
she could get four or five epics like a normal companion.
but i hope she gets one because she's been neglected for years