Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Caesar's Salad" maintenance thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I've some thoughts on how to do maintenance in that side quest. Here they are

1. Talking to Titus Gallus for the 1st time, the camera should center on him while he says, "I would never speak such words before another Aquilan, but to you, a barbarian, I may make myself plain: The Emperor is fat!", & on Monkey king when he says, "Let's make a quick trip back to MooShu and grab some eats from Chef Motomori.". Also, his line doesn't have an echo reverb.
  2. While speaking to Chef Motomori, the camera should center on him when he says, "Exotic? Hmmm. To the rich noble, the rustic food of the poor can often seem like a delicacy.".
  3. Upon encountering the Ettins in the Cave of Parma in Illios, El Toro, Ratbeard, & Monkey King should appear & the camera should center on him as El Toro says, "Those Ettins do not appear willing to give up any cheese, Captian. We must fight them for it! Para el Queso!", & on Ratbeard & Monkey King when Ratbeard says, "What did he say?" & Monkey King says, "Just go with it.". Also, there are no echo reverbs to all o' these lines I spoke about there.
  4. Talking to Titus Gallus for the 2nd time, the camera should center on him when he says, "Why this looks... wonderful! I've never seen anything like it! We must get the recipe from you.", & Bonnie Anne should appear & the camera should center on her when she says, "Just take it easy on the dressing.".
Those are my thoughts on doing maintenance to that quest. Hope it gets done soon. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
I've some thoughts on how to do maintenance in that side quest. Here they are

1. Talking to Titus Gallus for the 1st time, the camera should center on him while he says, "I would never speak such words before another Aquilan, but to you, a barbarian, I may make myself plain: The Emperor is fat!", & on Monkey king when he says, "Let's make a quick trip back to MooShu and grab some eats from Chef Motomori.". Also, his line doesn't have an echo reverb.
  2. While speaking to Chef Motomori, the camera should center on him when he says, "Exotic? Hmmm. To the rich noble, the rustic food of the poor can often seem like a delicacy.".
  3. Upon encountering the Ettins in the Cave of Parma in Illios, El Toro, Ratbeard, & Monkey King should appear & the camera should center on him as El Toro says, "Those Ettins do not appear willing to give up any cheese, Captian. We must fight them for it! Para el Queso!", & on Ratbeard & Monkey King when Ratbeard says, "What did he say?" & Monkey King says, "Just go with it.". Also, there are no echo reverbs to all o' these lines I spoke about there.
  4. Talking to Titus Gallus for the 2nd time, the camera should center on him when he says, "Why this looks... wonderful! I've never seen anything like it! We must get the recipe from you.", & Bonnie Anne should appear & the camera should center on her when she says, "Just take it easy on the dressing.".
Those are my thoughts on doing maintenance to that quest. Hope it gets done soon. Thanks!
1. Why should there be an echo here? We're not in a dungeon or a cave - even a large hall with hangings and furniture would absorb most of the sound. ( I think you're too fond of echo reverb. )
2. Too much camera movement/cuts between characters can be annoying. Echoes are appropriate for caves.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 5, 2016 wrote:
1. Why should there be an echo here? We're not in a dungeon or a cave - even a large hall with hangings and furniture would absorb most of the sound. ( I think you're too fond of echo reverb. )
2. Too much camera movement/cuts between characters can be annoying. Echoes are appropriate for caves.
People who speak in halls, even with hangings & furniture in, have their voices echoed in them, so it's suitable to the ambiance.

How about just on them, not between them?