Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

thank you for the new cinqo de mayo outfit

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Thank you for the new outfit. I have a suggestion for next may how about a smashy weapon like el kaboings.
I don't know about the rest of you but I would love to have a guitar to wield.
Or even a smashy slashy combo. the guitar could be already busted up with loose strings, you could spin it around bonk slash slash bonk.
You could name it the Heybabolouie
Any way that's what I was thinning about

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Si, muchas gracias!
Post Edit: "Babalou" was the hit for Desi Arnez ( Ricky Ricardo ) and he played the drums, not guitar.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
jeffreyskullpants on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Thank you for the new outfit. I have a suggestion for next may how about a smashy weapon like el kaboings.
I don't know about the rest of you but I would love to have a guitar to wield.
Or even a smashy slashy combo. the guitar could be already busted up with loose strings, you could spin it around bonk slash slash bonk.
You could name it the Heybabolouie
Any way that's what I was thinning about
Being able to whack people with guitars... sounds like fun!

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Baba Looey was Quickdraw McGraws side kick. Quickdraw is a reference to the hanna barbarra cartoon of the same name. Quickstraw as baba looey was wont to call him was a loveable goofy sheriff in the old west who would dress up in a mask and cape call himself El Kabong and fight for justice with his gitar.

However as I went to check my spelling of baba looey ( I did misspell it ) I found a quick 5 min documentary on the show and found out the his character was based off of Desi Arnez somewhat loosely.

It's amazing how this old cartoon is reference so much in the game, from helping our mariachi brothers with their nemesis El kaboing in the vortex in santo pollo to getting with Quickdraw himself on the peacemaker quest. Little did we know we were dealing with the notorious El Kaboing in disguise. Even El Toro himself I believe to be a nod to it as in all the movies and shows the name is zorro not el zorro. Also when Quickdraw would change in to mask and cape a litte blare of mariachi music would play.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I too thank you KI for the great outfit. Having just the hat before was really fun and I loved it. You just upped the bar on cool things you do for your players.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jeffreyskullpants on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Baba Looey was Quickdraw McGraws side kick. Quickdraw is a reference to the hanna barbarra cartoon of the same name. Quickstraw as baba looey was wont to call him was a loveable goofy sheriff in the old west who would dress up in a mask and cape call himself El Kabong and fight for justice with his gitar.

However as I went to check my spelling of baba looey ( I did misspell it ) I found a quick 5 min documentary on the show and found out the his character was based off of Desi Arnez somewhat loosely.

It's amazing how this old cartoon is reference so much in the game, from helping our mariachi brothers with their nemesis El kaboing in the vortex in santo pollo to getting with Quickdraw himself on the peacemaker quest. Little did we know we were dealing with the notorious El Kaboing in disguise. Even El Toro himself I believe to be a nod to it as in all the movies and shows the name is zorro not el zorro. Also when Quickdraw would change in to mask and cape a litte blare of mariachi music would play.
Oh thank you for the information on Quickdraw - I was aware of this cartoon character but had forgotten about his side kick ( he was a burro, right? )

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012