Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Steamier Punk?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
I was hanging around the Kraken Skulls the other day and noticed a fellow pirate stand out from the rest. Most noticeable was the companion by his side, Kawil Doomclaw, a rather rare companion to see. But what really caught my eye was his odd looking glasses. I saw that he was about to leave the tavern so i quickly moved my mouse over his avatar and clicked him to see his info. I was able to quickly scroll over to his gear and hovered my mouse over his glasses. And it read "The Steamier Punk".

Now I've never seen this pair of glasses up until that moment, and i decided to look more into them. I searched up the glasses on Pirate101 central and found them along with an image. The site said you could buy the glasses on the crown shop for 350 crowns. But after searching for them myself, I was left empty-handed.

Now what this topic is really about is to find out if anyone else have seen these pair of glasses, and also, how do you get them? Thanks for reading.

Ensign
Aug 16, 2011
If you look really closely you can see that the wiki page says, "This item is only available during the Halloween event."

I hope that answers some questions!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
WizardryMastery on Feb 14, 2016 wrote:
I was hanging around the Kraken Skulls the other day and noticed a fellow pirate stand out from the rest. Most noticeable was the companion by his side, Kawil Doomclaw, a rather rare companion to see. But what really caught my eye was his odd looking glasses. I saw that he was about to leave the tavern so i quickly moved my mouse over his avatar and clicked him to see his info. I was able to quickly scroll over to his gear and hovered my mouse over his glasses. And it read "The Steamier Punk".

Now I've never seen this pair of glasses up until that moment, and i decided to look more into them. I searched up the glasses on Pirate101 central and found them along with an image. The site said you could buy the glasses on the crown shop for 350 crowns. But after searching for them myself, I was left empty-handed.

Now what this topic is really about is to find out if anyone else have seen these pair of glasses, and also, how do you get them? Thanks for reading.
I have seen them and as far as I knew you could buy them in the Crown Shop, however after I read this, I checked and you're right, they're no longer there. It could be this item has been retired ( like the Ratbeard pirate chair ) and is no longer available.
The Black Market carries some nice shades.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013

I think they're only available around Halloween time in the Crown Shop.

Ensign
Jun 02, 2013

I'm not sure, but I think they took them out of the crowns shop at some point. I looked up the pet talent "Grants True Grit" on Pirate101 Central Wiki, and it said that a curtain Sky Turtle pet that is in the crowns shop gave it, but when I looked it wasn't there.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012