Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is Baar the Beastmaster so Hard to get?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2015
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dead Eye Griffin O... on Dec 16, 2015 wrote:
I can never get him...
Me too....
But I'll keep trying!

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
He is hard, yes. Keep believing!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
He is definitely doable; I have a couple at least (across multiple accounts), but he's really hard to track down. It's like he's the chase card of the pack, and we all keep chasing..

Good luck to everyone!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2015 wrote:
Me too....
But I'll keep trying!
Just keep your eyes on the prize. Baar is considered the BEST companion in the game at this point in time. So far, I have gotten him, Gohr, and Khord. I have gotten NO bears since Baar though. So wish ME luck as I try to get some of the other bears! Good luck to you all in getting The Beastmaster!

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I have the opposite problem-----my dream is to have one of each bear and I keep getting multiples.

I have six pirates and since the beast packs came out I've worked my way through them buying when they're half price. I now have 2 Ba'ar (ironically he was my first and last bear to get) 3 Yohr and 1 Laarn-----each of my pirates only has one bear.

Patiently waiting for another half-price sale and hoping to get the rest of the available bears. Watch me spend all my crowns then KI come up with a new *must have* companion with the update.

Good luck to everyone trying to get specific bears.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
warriorscreed on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
Just keep your eyes on the prize. Baar is considered the BEST companion in the game at this point in time. So far, I have gotten him, Gohr, and Khord. I have gotten NO bears since Baar though. So wish ME luck as I try to get some of the other bears! Good luck to you all in getting The Beastmaster!
I envy you..... I would definitely trade my Laarn, Yohr, and 3 of my dino companions for Baar.... I have all the dino ones.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
I envy you..... I would definitely trade my Laarn, Yohr, and 3 of my dino companions for Baar.... I have all the dino ones.
If only companion trading WAS allowed lol. A neat idea that KI could try is that the players could buy extras of each companion, but the idea with that is the 'extras' are sort of like tokens that you can trade with other players. It would not only boost sales, but it would help everyone build their companion collections! It would work the same way with the packs. Instead of getting 5 training tomes instead of a companion you already have, you get a 'Companion Token' that you can trade with someone else! When someone gets a companion token of a companion they don't have, it turns into that companion! Then any extras of that companion they get are tokens that can be traded to others.

BTW: You're lucky that you have all the dinos. I only have two of them and it took me well over $100 to get my first one. Kawil Doomclaw, and Lemba Moonskull.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
warriorscreed on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
If only companion trading WAS allowed lol. A neat idea that KI could try is that the players could buy extras of each companion, but the idea with that is the 'extras' are sort of like tokens that you can trade with other players. It would not only boost sales, but it would help everyone build their companion collections! It would work the same way with the packs. Instead of getting 5 training tomes instead of a companion you already have, you get a 'Companion Token' that you can trade with someone else! When someone gets a companion token of a companion they don't have, it turns into that companion! Then any extras of that companion they get are tokens that can be traded to others.

BTW: You're lucky that you have all the dinos. I only have two of them and it took me well over $100 to get my first one. Kawil Doomclaw, and Lemba Moonskull.
I like your idea, but I don't think KI will do something like that.... KI has had similar requests such as that, but they haven't so far done anything about it... Maybe there aren't enough players who would want it??

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
He's so hard to get because he's THE Beastmaster.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Baar is a great bear companion, however he is also the hardest to obtain.This companion, in my opinon might be the strongest pack companion so far.Who knows what holiday miracle can do, maybe the next pack or five this epic companion might join our crews.The only Bear companion I got is the one, what's his name again ?

Speaking of Aztecasaur companions, I still didn't get a single one ( yet ) . Either my luck is not in my favor or didn't belive enough for a holiday miracle.

Until then happy sailing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Dec 23, 2015 wrote:
Baar is a great bear companion, however he is also the hardest to obtain.This companion, in my opinon might be the strongest pack companion so far.Who knows what holiday miracle can do, maybe the next pack or five this epic companion might join our crews.The only Bear companion I got is the one, what's his name again ?

Speaking of Aztecasaur companions, I still didn't get a single one ( yet ) . Either my luck is not in my favor or didn't belive enough for a holiday miracle.

Until then happy sailing.
Laarn is the privateer bear. The best bears ( besides Baar ) are Atohr , Yohr & Gohr . This is only my opinion, some may have other preferences. I have Khord on my buccaneer, and I don't use him much.
I know, I love my dinos, but I only have 2 on separate pirates.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I personally don't think baar is worth money and you are better off getting empire bundle to get nausica

Think how much this guy would cost 1 pack is 400 crowns (I know it's not exact but it will make the math hard)

So let's say it takes 50packs to get him keep in mind I don't have a good estimate it could be less or more packs on average to acquire him so 50x400=20000 crowns, is it really worth it, would you pay 20000 crowns for baar when it also requires money to get these crowns?

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
I've had friends who have spent 120,000 crowns! thats 120,00 dollars!In the end he got it though

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
rex1556 on Jan 22, 2016 wrote:
I've had friends who have spent 120,000 crowns! thats 120,00 dollars!In the end he got it though
I'm sure that's not worth it

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
because their are quite a variety in the pack he comes from? Among other things i shall not speak of here. Personally in my opinion none of the Bears or Dino companions you can get out of packs are worth it for what you'll most likely spend just to get one. Maybe if they got the same amount of talent points and epics as main characters in pirate101 such as Rat Beard they may be more worth spending all the crazy crowns and money you most likely will spend to get who you want or even just one.good luck and best wishes getting the one you want. I had to open around 40 griz packs b4 i got my first bear!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Covenator1162 on Jan 23, 2016 wrote:
because their are quite a variety in the pack he comes from? Among other things i shall not speak of here. Personally in my opinion none of the Bears or Dino companions you can get out of packs are worth it for what you'll most likely spend just to get one. Maybe if they got the same amount of talent points and epics as main characters in pirate101 such as Rat Beard they may be more worth spending all the crazy crowns and money you most likely will spend to get who you want or even just one.good luck and best wishes getting the one you want. I had to open around 40 griz packs b4 i got my first bear!
Baar I consider better than ratbeard but still not worth it

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
So since there is a pack sale and a crown sale going on at the moment, i decided to buy sixty thousand crowns for sixty dollars(due to the crown sale)After using twenty thousand i got the musket bear,forgot the name.Then i used another twenty thousand crowns and got baar THE beast master.