Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best and Worst World

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
My reasons behind Cool Ranch being my favorite?
Tumbleweed. Just Tumbleweed. This story is so well done, so well put together, I could only play that storyline and be happy with the game just at that. The fact it features real life people, from Bat Masterson to Doc Holliday,Wyatt Earp, and the list goes on with the rangers, their parodies for them are hilarious. I think the reason behind this is because the Wizard101 team helped out with the Pirate101 team until around this point. They got to do their whole thing, all by themselves, so they went a little overboard with the world, I'll admit, it can get tedious, but Tumbleweed in general is where the world REALLY shines.
(Trust me, I'm not the only one who loves Tumbleweed to death.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
akhenaten751 on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
My reasons behind Cool Ranch being my favorite?
Tumbleweed. Just Tumbleweed. This story is so well done, so well put together, I could only play that storyline and be happy with the game just at that. The fact it features real life people, from Bat Masterson to Doc Holliday,Wyatt Earp, and the list goes on with the rangers, their parodies for them are hilarious. I think the reason behind this is because the Wizard101 team helped out with the Pirate101 team until around this point. They got to do their whole thing, all by themselves, so they went a little overboard with the world, I'll admit, it can get tedious, but Tumbleweed in general is where the world REALLY shines.
(Trust me, I'm not the only one who loves Tumbleweed to death.)
If you like Westerns ( and I do ) then Tumbleweed captured the essence of what makes a good Western.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Unpopular opinion here but:

Best
Marleybone
Cool Ranch
Valencia
Monquista
Skull Island
Aquila
Mooshu
Worst

I don't HATE any of them, but Mooshu just felt terribly long in my opinion.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:

Best
Marleybone
Cool Ranch
Valencia
Monquista
Skull Island
Aquila
Mooshu
Worst

I truly do respect your opinion, but MooShu was extremely short to me. It's a little longer than Valencia in my opinion. MooShu is the period of the game when it isn't too easy anymore. You have 1000+ health, so do enemies, you have to keep track of several companions, and your ship when you get to MooShu is atrocious.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:

Best
Marleybone
Cool Ranch
Valencia
Monquista
Skull Island
Aquila
Mooshu
Worst

I agree completely. Those would be my top three as well, and Akhenaten, Tumbleweed is also my favorite location in the game

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
akhenaten751 on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
I truly do respect your opinion, but MooShu was extremely short to me. It's a little longer than Valencia in my opinion. MooShu is the period of the game when it isn't too easy anymore. You have 1000+ health, so do enemies, you have to keep track of several companions, and your ship when you get to MooShu is atrocious.
I totally agree with you about it not being easy anymore. I suppose the reason Mooshu felt so long to me was because of how much backtracking was required in so many of the quests. Plus, every character I had that got there (granted, that's only 3 people) always got decimated trying to do the Governor's mansion on their first try. The only exception was Malcolm, who I had kept leveled up and was like Level 38 or 39.

I liked the landscape and I liked the music, but after a while the music just got incredibly annoying and reminded me "Wow, you're still here? Git gud and go to Marleybone already." I did really like the ending though, I thought that was pretty cool.

I know that sounds kinda mean, but to each their own right?