Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Remembrance Day Thank You.

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I've been thinking about this post for a while. Trying to decide when it would be a good time to post it, as well as trying to decide if I even should post it. But, I've decided that it's not too early to post, and I've decided that it's something that should be posted.

To start off, I and my husband are both active members of the Canadian Armed Forces. I've only been in for a year, and my husband has only been in for two years. So, neither one of us are veterans in any way. We haven't been deployed or done anything really, beyond our day to day jobs.

But to the point. With Remembrance Day upon us shortly, I though I would make a different style of November 11 post. Instead of making a post thanking fellow members and veterans for their service. I decided to make a post to thank both KI and the pirate101 community for the support they show to us each year.

So,...Thank you KI, and the Pirate101 community for supporting the Armed Forces, both your own forces and their allies, it may not be much, but it is very much welcomed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
I've been thinking about this post for a while. Trying to decide when it would be a good time to post it, as well as trying to decide if I even should post it. But, I've decided that it's not too early to post, and I've decided that it's something that should be posted.

To start off, I and my husband are both active members of the Canadian Armed Forces. I've only been in for a year, and my husband has only been in for two years. So, neither one of us are veterans in any way. We haven't been deployed or done anything really, beyond our day to day jobs.

But to the point. With Remembrance Day upon us shortly, I though I would make a different style of November 11 post. Instead of making a post thanking fellow members and veterans for their service. I decided to make a post to thank both KI and the pirate101 community for the support they show to us each year.

So,...Thank you KI, and the Pirate101 community for supporting the Armed Forces, both your own forces and their allies, it may not be much, but it is very much welcomed.
A warm hearted salute to the Maple Leaf and the Stars and Stripes, may we continue as allies and friends.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well said Scarlet and I echo your sentiments wholeheartedly. I am beyond grateful for every service member that has given SO much to protect me and those I love, including my continent. I am also thrilled with every way that the KingsIsle team has done to show their appreciation. Well done to all.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
In honor of those who served their country.

I'd like to say thank you and your husband for serving your country. Although you may have not been deployed, I still appreciate your willingness to be a part of the Canadian Armed Forces and being ready to fight for your country.

I'd also like to say thank you to KI for their efforts put into the game. I can only imagine how much work it is and I thank you for it.

Salute from,
Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KingsIsle, you have out done yourself with this Commemorative Poppy Display, and I was touched that this display had a lovely recording of "In Flander's Fields". Thank you for this wonderful gift!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I've thanked KI before, but as a Canadian I have to thank KI again for including the poem In Flanders Fields as part of the Nov 11 housing item.

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the poem written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae. LCol. McCrae was a Canadian medical officer in World War 1, who had previously served as an artillery officer during the Boer War. The poem itself was written during the second Battle of Ypres, which was also one of the first times chemical warfare was used.

For Canada, this marked one of our historically important battles, where despite suffering severe losses from the chemical attacks, the Canadian regiments were the only regiments to hold their positions during the battle. The Canadians held their ground against frequent attacks, shelling, and gas attacks for over two weeks (17 days and nights as McCrae described it) before finally being relieved.

To us, In Flanders Fields, is more than just a poem for November 11th, it's also a commemoration of what our rather young country had to go through on its way to being globally recognized in its own rights, and not just as a British colony.

Again, thank you KingIsle.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
CdeWinter on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:

We all greatly appreciate your service to Canada.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Well said everyone I agree wholeheartedly

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
CdeWinter on Nov 11, 2015 wrote:
I've thanked KI before, but as a Canadian I have to thank KI again for including the poem In Flanders Fields as part of the Nov 11 housing item.

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the poem written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae. LCol. McCrae was a Canadian medical officer in World War 1, who had previously served as an artillery officer during the Boer War. The poem itself was written during the second Battle of Ypres, which was also one of the first times chemical warfare was used.

For Canada, this marked one of our historically important battles, where despite suffering severe losses from the chemical attacks, the Canadian regiments were the only regiments to hold their positions during the battle. The Canadians held their ground against frequent attacks, shelling, and gas attacks for over two weeks (17 days and nights as McCrae described it) before finally being relieved.

To us, In Flanders Fields, is more than just a poem for November 11th, it's also a commemoration of what our rather young country had to go through on its way to being globally recognized in its own rights, and not just as a British colony.

Again, thank you KingIsle.
Agreed, and to add to that (despite my lack of religion): Amen.

Au champ d'honeur, les coque li cots, sont par se mes de lot en lot, au pres des croix; et dans l'es pas, les a lou et tes, de ve nues lasses.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Grin Reaper on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Agreed, and to add to that (despite my lack of religion): Amen.

Au champ d'honeur, les coque li cots, sont par se mes de lot en lot, au pres des croix; et dans l'es pas, les a lou et tes, de ve nues lasses.
Translation please, for those of us who don't know French.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Translation please, for those of us who don't know French.
(Double Quote, kinda)

Au champ d'honeur les coquelicots, sont parseme de lot en lot au pres des croix; et dans l'espace, les alouettes devenues lasses. (At least that's how I piece the quote together, please correct me if that is wrong Grin Reaper).

A literal translation would be:
Honour field of poppies are strewn from batch to batch near the crosses; and in the space, the larks become weary. (Sorry, I had to post that, cause you know, languages are awesome)

Properly, translated, The Grin Reaper's quote is the opening lines of In Flanders Fields.
However, I think the quote was cut and pasted, because the spacing of words is not correct and there seems to be words missing. I will be honest and admit that my Quebecois French is not as good as my European French, (don't even get me started on Acadian French) and my slight confusion may be due to that.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
CdeWinter on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
(Double Quote, kinda)

Au champ d'honeur les coquelicots, sont parseme de lot en lot au pres des croix; et dans l'espace, les alouettes devenues lasses. (At least that's how I piece the quote together, please correct me if that is wrong Grin Reaper).

A literal translation would be:
Honour field of poppies are strewn from batch to batch near the crosses; and in the space, the larks become weary. (Sorry, I had to post that, cause you know, languages are awesome)

Properly, translated, The Grin Reaper's quote is the opening lines of In Flanders Fields.
However, I think the quote was cut and pasted, because the spacing of words is not correct and there seems to be words missing. I will be honest and admit that my Quebecois French is not as good as my European French, (don't even get me started on Acadian French) and my slight confusion may be due to that.
Actually, I sung that at school during the assembly on remembrance day. I copied that line from the sheet music I was given. The reason it looks cut and pasted is because the words look different when on sheet music, (for example: alouettes looks like a - lou-et - tes, because that's how it's sung), I just got confused by that, (I also suck at languages.) Looking it over again though, it looks like you got it correct yes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Grin Reaper on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Actually, I sung that at school during the assembly on remembrance day. I copied that line from the sheet music I was given. The reason it looks cut and pasted is because the words look different when on sheet music, (for example: alouettes looks like a - lou-et - tes, because that's how it's sung), I just got confused by that, (I also suck at languages.) Looking it over again though, it looks like you got it correct yes.
"Alouette, gentile alouette. Alouette, J'en t'plumerai" ( and I hope my memory of this French Canadian song hasn't failed me in the spelling department ).

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
was an amazing item I love it quite a bit, ty KI!
stormy jen silver