Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Let us see who else on our queue in Ranked PvP

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Instead of those weird green circles and blue arrows, could we just see the class, name, and lvl of the person we're entering combat with? Here's a sloppy text-picture example of a Battle Royale tab with that stuff on it:

|----------------------------------------------------------|
|----------- lvl 2 --------- lvl 9,001 ---------|
|--------- Ugly Patrick --------- Juan ------------|
|------------ Finding Opponent 3 of 3 ------------|
|---------{ confirm }-------------{ abandon }-------|
|___________________________________|

The picture above looks fine right here, oh if only you could gaze upon the non-sloppiness of the topic creating view. When this is posted I assume it'll be like this:

|---=========------|

You all still understand what I'm getting at, right? Know who's on the queue before they kill you?

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__The Gregarious 6th

havent done one of these signature things in like half a year

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Instead of those weird green circles and blue arrows, could we just see the class, name, and lvl of the person we're entering combat with? Here's a sloppy text-picture example of a Battle Royale tab with that stuff on it:

|----------- lvl 2 --------- lvl 9,001 ---------|
|--------- Ugly Patrick --------- Juan ------------|
|------------ Finding Opponent 3 of 3 ------------|
|---------{ confirm }-------------{ abandon }-------|
|___________________________________|

The picture above looks fine right here, oh if only you could gaze upon the non-sloppiness of the topic creating view. When this is posted I assume it'll be like this:

|---=========------|

You all still understand what I'm getting at, right? Know who's on the queue before they kill you?

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__The Gregarious 6th

havent done one of these signature things in like half a year
And that would allow people to just run from battle until they find opponents they can beat, no thanks :)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I actually think that going in blind was the best decision KI designers made when creating Pirate101 Ranked PvP. Having to be ready for anything is much better than giving players an opportunity to reject their opponents or set up their for a particular class.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Well, how about, if you're in the same group as someone else queued for PvP, you join each other's queues, still without actually knowing for sure that you're in their queue?

Or still no?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Silver Angel on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
And that would allow people to just run from battle until they find opponents they can beat, no thanks :)
If they run from battles, they won't get any Scrip to spend

For myself, I would rather lose a battle and get Scrip than not get any. At least I have something to show for my time and effort.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Well, how about, if you're in the same group as someone else queued for PvP, you join each other's queues, still without actually knowing for sure that you're in their queue?

Or still no?
The main problem with your concept, even though it still happens with friends using open communication in the game, people will then team up 2v1 and then simply allow their friend to win.

Ranked PVP and the Battle Royal are supposed to be designed to test your skills and provide real player challenge, not simply rank up by defeating a friend that lets you or double teaming a random person and then allowing your friend or your friend allowing you to gain more rank.

This still happens, granted, but it could happen a lot more under your concept.