Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea Competition in "Pirate Labs"

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
The popular online game, Runescape, takes a cool approach to its players ideas. In the online forum, rune labs, players submit ideas that may come to their mind, but with a twist. This idea is inspired from rune labs:

Each month there's a "category." For example, pets: Players submit an idea about pets, and they "Yar" the ones they love. At the end of the month, the most popular idea gets created in the game! If an idea is ridiculous, like a Moo Manchu pet with a million health, the second most popular wins! (Or an idea too big, like create-your-own pets!) It's fun and engaging to vote for your favorites and making ideas up! I need some yars!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
EMC99 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
The popular online game, Runescape, takes a cool approach to its players ideas. In the online forum, rune labs, players submit ideas that may come to their mind, but with a twist. This idea is inspired from rune labs:

Each month there's a "category." For example, pets: Players submit an idea about pets, and they "Yar" the ones they love. At the end of the month, the most popular idea gets created in the game! If an idea is ridiculous, like a Moo Manchu pet with a million health, the second most popular wins! (Or an idea too big, like create-your-own pets!) It's fun and engaging to vote for your favorites and making ideas up! I need some yars!
This is an awesome idea but I don't think pirate101 is advanced enough for this yet

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
We're submitting ideas all the time - witness the many posts in: "Do You Have an Idea?" The community can read these and yar the ones they like.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
This is an awesome idea but I don't think pirate101 is advanced enough for this yet
By advanced do you mean the game is not popular enough? Anyways, it's only for small ideas like a new pet, mini game, power, or a boss battle. I would say that when the game is more "advanced," it could be for bigger ideas.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
A pet Bone Drake from Avernus! Dropped from fighting Bone Drakes in Avernus!