Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Time for a Salty Mutt to learn some Sweet Tricks!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Aug 16, 2015 wrote:
Really, really going to miss you. Please do stay in touch.

BEST OF LUCK!!

-Michael (Indigo)
Thank you Michael/Indigo, I sure am going to miss you guys too. I'll be around though, just with long breaks in between. I do have one sneaky surprise up my sleeve, I just need to track down and consult with a certain, floppy-eared and eye-patched rabbit, before I go.

I certainly will do my best to keep in touch and I do know where to find you and chat with you. Keep the boards interesting and fun and give my regards to your Primate Crew and Q-series offspring.

I'll be talking to you in the future and I do wish you and yours, the best of luck and happiness, as well.

Thanks again!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Just finished my degree work; the time flew by! Hope it goes as quickly for you and we see you back in-game with those dreams reality.

Best of luck! Stay focused -- you're going to do great!
Major congrats to you Fiorenza-- that is fantastic. I hope to experience that swift passing of time, as I work my way through the educational process. But, I truly love to learn and I think that will help me during those 'stalemate times'. I'm pretty stubborn and doggedly-determined too, so if I ever hear any nay-saying, it'll only push me that much harder.

I'll greatly look forward to catching up with all of you, down the road. This is a wonderful group of players and people. You all have been great and I appreciate this experience...tremendously.

Thank you for the words of encouragement and best wishes to you, Indigo and all your critters.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Lol...'quieter', that's a nice way of putting it there, Scarlet. Yeah, I'm sure that will be a good and welcomed thing for a few folks-- but I'll surely find some way to disrupt the quieter-ness-ism...what with me and my 'strange thinking ways'. And thank you, I've got a lot to learn about writing and conveying my strange thoughts onto paper. But I'll follow my kids' leads and work on those baby steps.

Your thoughts are rather noble, despite not being able to salute and shoot. I must say though, if it may make a difference at all, I may not have a 'commission' from The Queen...but I do have an omission from The Queen-- I'm sure that's worth a salute or two. But I do thank you for the 'quiet launch', that's all that I could ask for. And by all means, have some fun and live a little. Launch that weather balloon right into a meteor shower if you have to. I think that would be quite a poetic and possibly fitting salute, even if it does end with 'POP'.

Best of luck to you, Scarlet. I hope you find wonderful success in your new career and throughout your life. It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Take care and say 'what's up & hey, how you doin'' to The Queen, for me...she'll know which Valkoor you are referring to.

I'll be 'seeing' you.
Yeah...so about that weather balloon. It was launched today, just I said it would be...but...it..uh..hit a lamp post on the way up, the rope securing the radiosonde to the balloon broke, the balloon drifted away, very close to an American Black-hawk helicopter that was up from Maine. The radiosonde went crashing back to the ground, very nearly hitting the windshield of a co-worker's car, and broke apart into three pieces, with the battery skiddering across the parking lot, and the GPS antenna crumpling upon impact.

So...fitting send off I guess then, eh?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CdeWinter on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Yeah...so about that weather balloon. It was launched today, just I said it would be...but...it..uh..hit a lamp post on the way up, the rope securing the radiosonde to the balloon broke, the balloon drifted away, very close to an American Black-hawk helicopter that was up from Maine. The radiosonde went crashing back to the ground, very nearly hitting the windshield of a co-worker's car, and broke apart into three pieces, with the battery skiddering across the parking lot, and the GPS antenna crumpling upon impact.

Now that sounds perfect, Scarlet!!! I couldn't have scripted a better send-off scenario, than that one. That kind of unintended chaos is just par for the course when it comes to my each and every day.

I'm glad that no one was injured and that all windshields were spared. I hope you didn't get exiled to a station in Antarctica....and do please send me the bill for the GPS antenna and radiosonde-- I somehow feel responsible. And it's a shame to think that the radiosonde didn't even get a chance to enjoy a fun-filled parachute ride.

Well, thanks for the gesture and for the laughs, Scarlet!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Aww Scarlet, *Chrissy Hugs* We all have had days like that and I really feel for you but I gotta admit, you really made me laugh with that wonderful adventure of yours. You sure do make an impact in many more ways than one.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Good luck man.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ElijahWaterVault on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Valkoor, I have only known you for a little while, and you will be very much missed. You always lighten up conversations, contribute valuable information, and are overall a great friend. The spiral will feel emptier than usual without you, but that will hopefully be only temporarily . I wish you the very best at college/school, and I know you will succeed and exceed. Follow your heart and never give up, I have lived by that advice for a while and I hope it guides you too. I know you will become a very accomplished writer, and may the Aquilian Poets tell stories of you forever. Goodbye (for now) and good luck , I hope to see you in the spiral again you will be very much missed.

Smooth Sailing,
James Underwood
Hmmm.....I had replied to your post, James. But I think it may have somehow gotten lost in moderation-- not lost just a little bit or in little bits, but lost during the moderation process. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I'll give it another go.

Thank you very much for the kind thoughts, I truly appreciate it. It will surely feel a bit empty on my end as well, what without my semi-daily trips into the Spiral, to feed my hoard of pets and collect from my misguided band of mad hatters. And also without all of my overly-gratuitous, daily posting (not that that has changed yet). I've enjoyed meeting you here on the boards and running into you in game...I'm glad we did, so we could get on each others' friends list before I take my break.

I surely will follow my heart and never give up-- seems we are much the same in those regards and they are great words to live by. Hopefully before those Aquilian Poets get to telling stories about me, I'll get to doing an awful lot of story telling of my own....maybe even a few about those 'Ol' Beak Brains'.

Well, have a blast in the Spiral and I'll be back, joining you all before you know it! Take care and best of luck!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
"Cap'n? C'mon, wake up, this is important."
"I don't want to go to school today, Mom."
"You don't have to go, someone else does."
"That's great, Mom, just five more minutes."
"So are you gonna tell 'im yer not 'is Mom, or should I toss this bucket of water on 'im?"
"I an' I still think we should not tell him until it be too late and the deed be done."
"Give the man some credit, what? You think he'll blubber like a baby?"
"Fine, I'm awake. What Spiral shattering emergency demands my attention in the middle of the night this time? Someone earned astronomical amounts of yars again? Stormy Sky skipped on seconds for dessert? Attack of encroaching sky barnacles?"
"You might want to sit down, Cap'n, I don't think you'll like it."
"There's something you're not telling me."
"He's good."
"So, why don't you tell me?"
"Do you want it sugar coated or straight?"
"Sugar coat me."
"You remember Valkoor, don't you?"
"That slimy fiend! Lock away the cheese curls, last time he was aboard they disappeared."
"Actually, Cap'n, er... that was my doin'. I just blamed Valkoor."
"Consider yourself on report, mister. So what are we blaming Valkoor for this time?"
"You might not be seeing him for some time, Cap'n."
"The Armada's got him? Alert all Marauders - past, present and future! We'll get him out!"
"He's not been captured, Cap'n. He's gone back to school."
"I always thought he'd finished kindergarten. Maybe he got his diploma through the mail."
"We can still get him out, if we create a diversion in the cafeteria..."
"Cap'n, you're getting hysterical."
"Hysterical? Me? Are you crazy? I'm completely calm! Can't you see how calm I am?"
"Here Captain my Captain, drink this. Nurse Quinn prescribed it for just such a reaction."
"I don't want him to go away! Who am I going to blame when things go wrong?"
"You still have us, Cap'n."
"So I do. Fine, then. Which of you do I blame for this? I am so not happy with one of you."
"Am I late? How'd he take it? Wow, I never saw a room clear so fast."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Now that sounds perfect, Scarlet!!! I couldn't have scripted a better send-off scenario, than that one. That kind of unintended chaos is just par for the course when it comes to my each and every day.

I'm glad that no one was injured and that all windshields were spared. I hope you didn't get exiled to a station in Antarctica....and do please send me the bill for the GPS antenna and radiosonde-- I somehow feel responsible. And it's a shame to think that the radiosonde didn't even get a chance to enjoy a fun-filled parachute ride.

Well, thanks for the gesture and for the laughs, Scarlet!
Chrissy and Valkoor, don't worry this stuff happens, it's only about 200$ of government money that fell to the earth in a useless pile of plastic and metal. And don't worry about the weather station in Antarctica, we don't have one there. We do have one in the Arctic though. Alert, the world's most northerly permanently inhabited facility. Really, it's closer to Moscow and Sweden then it is to any Canadian city.

Supposedly everything up there is carnivorous, including the arctic hare, and Santa Clause checks in regularly for weather updates.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Good luck man.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Thank you, Dante...I appreciate that. Good luck to you as well. Hope you find great success in the game and in life. I'll see you around when I get done getting better edumacated and hopefully have a few more stories to tell.

Take care and thanks again.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
"Cap'n? C'mon, wake up, this is important."
"I don't want to go to school today, Mom."
"You don't have to go, someone else does."
"That's great, Mom, just five more minutes."
"So are you gonna tell 'im yer not 'is Mom, or should I toss this bucket of water on 'im?"
"I an' I still think we should not tell him until it be too late and the deed be done."
"Give the man some credit, what? You think he'll blubber like a baby?"
"Fine, I'm awake. What Spiral shattering emergency demands my attention in the middle of the night this time? Someone earned astronomical amounts of yars again? Stormy Sky skipped on seconds for dessert? Attack of encroaching sky barnacles?"
"You might want to sit down, Cap'n, I don't think you'll like it."
"There's something you're not telling me."
"He's good."
"So, why don't you tell me?"
"Do you want it sugar coated or straight?"
"Sugar coat me."
"You remember Valkoor, don't you?"
"That slimy fiend! Lock away the cheese curls, last time he was aboard they disappeared."
"Actually, Cap'n, er... that was my doin'. I just blamed Valkoor."
"Consider yourself on report, mister. So what are we blaming Valkoor for this time?"
"You might not be seeing him for some time, Cap'n."
"The Armada's got him? Alert all Marauders - past, present and future! We'll get him out!"
"He's not been captured, Cap'n. He's gone back to school."
"I always thought he'd finished kindergarten. Maybe he got his diploma through the mail."
"We can still get him out, if we create a diversion in the cafeteria..."
"Cap'n, you're getting hysterical."
"Hysterical? Me? Are you crazy? I'm completely calm! Can't you see how calm I am?"
"Here Captain my Captain, drink this. Nurse Quinn prescribed it for just such a reaction."
"I don't want him to go away! Who am I going to blame when things go wrong?"
"You still have us, Cap'n."
"So I do. Fine, then. Which of you do I blame for this? I am so not happy with one of you."
"Am I late? How'd he take it? Wow, I never saw a room clear so fast."
Sam, I just gotta meet this crew of yours. Mine's not half as comical or endearing-- guess Valkoor better 'Crack that whip'...'give the past a slip'...

"Por favor Captain, if I may. But a matter so delicado deserves some salsa...a song and dance if you will!"
"No one asked you to sing, Toro."
"Asking is not necessary, for the pleading dwells within the eyes and I am a servant to the peoples!"
"I was squintin'...your teeth are rather blinding. Have ye ever heard of 'loose lips, sink ships'?"
"Even in a moment of blindness, my words can help you to see the light...A-r-r-r-r-iba!!!
"What are you even talking about?"
"Told you he's got that mad bull disease! It might be cutaneous...!!!"
"Don't hurt your brain there genius, I don't think that's the word yer lookin' fer. And besides it would only be con-ta-gious, among same species, sorry Kobe. And besides, besides.....you're a buffoon."
"Please-ah, let us try to let me, let my singing do the talking."
"At this point there's no escapin' it Cap'n, just let the bull bellow."
"Why'd he be goin' below? ARRGAHOOO!!! Is he being quarantined?...I KNEW IT...we be DOOMED!"
"Relax ya git,'fore I clock ye one! At this point, Toro...please save us all with a song."

Crack that whip
Get a bueno grip
Sorry, One-Eyed Jack
Take your eyeball back
When Armada comes along
You must whip it
Before a pancake cooks too long
You must flip it!
When a package is sent wrong,
You re-ship it!
Now whip it!
And go ape!
Snap it up!
Feels great!
Get starboard!
Move your head
Try to protect it
Oiy..far too late.
I whipped it,
Whipped it good!
Bearded Rodent blows it down,
You must whip it.
Foxy Sniper comes around,
Best not whip it!
El Toro gets to play,
'Till they de-whip him.
I say whip it!
Whip it good.
I say whip it!
Grip it good.
Crack that whip!
A-R-R-R-R-R-IB-A-A-A-A!!!

"Cap'n, I feel your pain. Let's go see if Sam has room in his crew."
"I'm with you, Bonnie...soooooo with you!"

Thanks Sam, hope to catch up with you and your crew in very new future...

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Yes, we may miss you, but, to those of you, don't worry. Valkoor will drop by. It's not goodbye forever or something like that. I'm sure I will be fine while Valkoor's temporarily gone, as well as others.

Sure, Valkoor may take a lengthy leave, but, who knows? Maybe the game may change a bit while Valkoor is gone. Maybe something new may pop up. Either way, little may change during Valkoor's absence.

Fair winds, Valkoor... for now. And, maybe one day, you might take on that path through making more new adventures with the KI team. The possibilities are endless. I support you on that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
Yes, we may miss you, but, to those of you, don't worry. Valkoor will drop by. It's not goodbye forever or something like that. I'm sure I will be fine while Valkoor's temporarily gone, as well as others.

Sure, Valkoor may take a lengthy leave, but, who knows? Maybe the game may change a bit while Valkoor is gone. Maybe something new may pop up. Either way, little may change during Valkoor's absence.

Fair winds, Valkoor... for now. And, maybe one day, you might take on that path through making more new adventures with the KI team. The possibilities are endless. I support you on that.
Lol, why yes Trimond, I also am quite sure you will be perfectly fine while I am gone...and everyone else as well. I mean this game has enough awesome in it to even drown out the agony that the absence of horrible puns is sure to induce.

I'm excited to come back down the road and see what exciting and new changes/additions have come into the game-- after I take my break and when I do stop back in. I'm sure there will be surprises a plenty and some really great additions to the game...and I'll be eager to get to discovering them, upon my return(s).

Thank you for wishing me well and for the support, I truly appreciate it. And please keep up the great work in trying to bring players a more complete and enriched gaming experience. I know that you are always there in the background trying to find ways to improve our gaming experience-- so keep it up!

I'll be seeing ya, Trimond and best of luck to you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy and Valkoor, don't worry this stuff happens, it's only about 200$ of government money that fell to the earth in a useless pile of plastic and metal. And don't worry about the weather station in Antarctica, we don't have one there. We do have one in the Arctic though. Alert, the world's most northerly permanently inhabited facility. Really, it's closer to Moscow and Sweden then it is to any Canadian city.

Supposedly everything up there is carnivorous, including the arctic hare, and Santa Clause checks in regularly for weather updates.
Ahhh, a mere $200 a 'pop'....well, that's certainly no biggie. Those government officials can always just write it off when they buy a pack of gum or a Ring Pop.

And....WHEW! For a second there I thought you said that even the 'arctic air' is carnivorous. I was about to scratch visiting that weather station off the 3rd spot on my 'bucket list'. An arctic hair, I can handle....I'll just comb the arctic landscape till I find one, and brush it right off. Oh wait, not hair-- but hare. Sorry, just had to leave you with a couple more horrific puns before I go. I just knew you would appreciate it, so....you're welcome, Scarlet!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
Lol, why yes Trimond, I also am quite sure you will be perfectly fine while I am gone...and everyone else as well. I mean this game has enough awesome in it to even drown out the agony that the absence of horrible puns is sure to induce.

I'm excited to come back down the road and see what exciting and new changes/additions have come into the game-- after I take my break and when I do stop back in. I'm sure there will be surprises a plenty and some really great additions to the game...and I'll be eager to get to discovering them, upon my return(s).

Thank you for wishing me well and for the support, I truly appreciate it. And please keep up the great work in trying to bring players a more complete and enriched gaming experience. I know that you are always there in the background trying to find ways to improve our gaming experience-- so keep it up!

I'll be seeing ya, Trimond and best of luck to you!
You're welcome. I'm sure anyone could do the same, too. Just making sure that the tiniest details are not left out.

Same to you.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, Yoha (backwards walking pirate, saying hi), howdy, hello, g'day, hiya & hi-ya (that's Karate for, what's up)!

Well fine folks of the boards & Spiral, listen in closely, 'cause I've got some news for ya. So turn your speakers up & lean on in. Closer.....closer.....liiiiiiiiiiittle bit closer.....WHOAH!!.....too close! Ok, so now that I've got a gnats-eye view of your ear & inner thinking parts, I thought I'd share something with you.

Valkoor's going back to school! Yep, you heard it right, it's time for this ol' dog to learn some new tricks, & add to my arsenal of 'things I know but don't know what to do with.' I'll be starting up some classes & taking part in some new & exciting adventures & possibly, hopefully be soon branching off into new directions-- in my life & career. I'm hoping to put my creative side(s) to further use & am eager to enrich myself & my future. For years now I've crafted & built homes, furniture & even music instruments & that has been very rewarding to me. But I've always possessed a passion for writing creatively & a desire to be part of something big, & being able to craft & share exciting stories with others. And let's face it, the glorious pun can only take you but, 'oh so far!'

I'm super excited to begin a new chapter & adventures, but at the same time it's a bit bittersweet. In order to not let this opportunity pass on by, I am going into it full-throttle, full-sails & full tilt. I figure that when it comes to trying to 'rope in your dreams', you can not afford to 'wander from the field', so I'm going to keep my eyes on the prize & give it all I've got. My life is already pretty busy & hectic, so this will only add to the much-loved mayhem. Unfortunately this means that I will have to make a few sacrifices in order to hopefully make these dreams become a reality.

So........I will be taking a pretty extended leave from the Message Boards & from the game...actually all games! I want to put everything I have into accomplishing this set of goals & leave in my wake, absolutely no regrets or 'should've's' or 'could've's' or 'so close's'.

I will try to check in & say HELLO when able to, because I like you guys & gals way too much. But I will be switching all gears to 'FOLLOW THAT DREAM' mode & once the track is laid, this machine won't stop chugging until it reaches that final destination & beyond-- and no, I'm not in cahoots with Kane or the Armada.

So, if you don't see me on the boards for a while or in the game don't fret because I'm just "Runnin' down a dream...workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads". And KI, thank you for an amazing gaming experience & for these Message Boards. Posting here is what has inspired me to set sails & seek greater treasures. I'll surely be back, but I just wanted to thank you all for triggering that nudge that got this ol' ball a rollin'.

And who knows...if P101 is still alive & kickin' in a few years, maybe I'll be part of crafting a new piratin' story & adventures!
Wow, Valkoor! I knew you built homes (a craft way beyond me), but that you make furniture too (how excellent is that!) -- and to top it off, musical instruments! Serious! From a person who has only managed to make a plucked psaltery and a symphonia (medieval hurdy gurdy) from kits, I have only the profoundest admiration for your skills. (In case you were wondering, the psaltery turned out rather well; the hurdy gurdy, alas, suffers from a wobbly wheel)

And now you will be enriching your life all the more with your new knowledge and skills. I know it won't be easy with a young family, but hard-won goals are the sweetest, after all. And your kids will be so proud of their dad... not to mention expectant of all the help they will eventually get for their English homework!

I am sure you will do very well indeed. Drop by when you can to keep us posted, for we are not going to forget you Valkoor. You are a clever, kind, thoughtful, generous, wise -- and funny! -- person, who well deserves your many affectionate friends. I am glad you have been here and will look forward to seeing you again. I will look forward to reading what you have to write!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Wow, Valkoor! I knew you built homes (a craft way beyond me), but that you make furniture too (how excellent is that!) -- and to top it off, musical instruments! Serious! From a person who has only managed to make a plucked psaltery and a symphonia (medieval hurdy gurdy) from kits, I have only the profoundest admiration for your skills. (In case you were wondering, the psaltery turned out rather well; the hurdy gurdy, alas, suffers from a wobbly wheel)

And now you will be enriching your life all the more with your new knowledge and skills. I know it won't be easy with a young family, but hard-won goals are the sweetest, after all. And your kids will be so proud of their dad... not to mention expectant of all the help they will eventually get for their English homework!

I am sure you will do very well indeed. Drop by when you can to keep us posted, for we are not going to forget you Valkoor. You are a clever, kind, thoughtful, generous, wise -- and funny! -- person, who well deserves your many affectionate friends. I am glad you have been here and will look forward to seeing you again. I will look forward to reading what you have to write!
Hi Anne & thank you.

I'm sure the psaltery turned out amazing! Although I have to admit that I had to Google what a psaltery was. I'd never heard of one before-- though I did know of the zither. But I have put 'psalt' on just about 'ery' thing! I've never really fabricated any medieval or classical styles of musical instruments before..hmm, may have to set a project into motion.

My grandfather, at the spry age of 84, is a Bluegrass musician & still plucks it up w/ his band weekly. From dulcimers, hammered dulcimers, fiddles...to mandolins, guitars, banjos, mandocellos, auto harps & violas-- he's made them all. That's where & whom I gained the interest from. Dulcimers, the hammered variety, & fiddles are his favorites to build. We've built several together & some of the most beautiful ones have been constructed out of curly maple. The 'out of control' grains & natural, free-spirited, wisps of varying colors, is quite a thing of beauty-- amazing sound produced, too! He definitely has a fondness for good ol' curly maple. It's been an honor & thrill to build w/ him & to see the joy it brings, to us both. I don't do it as often as I'd like, but that can be applied to most anything that requires equal parts of time, passion & enjoyment.

I think I'm pretty much stubborn & determined enough, that I could build & fabricate just about anything out of wood (& other materials), same with carving. I enjoy it tremendously & to see something spring to life from something that was once living & magnificent, is pretty rewarding. I'll absolutely continue to build & tinker w/ the crafting, but it's about time to tinker w/ some other 'cool stuff' too.

And I feel sorry for those kids of mine. If they're going to be relying on me for anything English related (muffins excluded)-- it ain't not gonna be purdy! Thank you for the kind words & I'll surely be around. It's been wonderful knowing & meeting all of you, as well. And best of luck to you, your family & your own 'tinkering(s)'.