Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Seasonal Weapons???

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
So recently I only got the little light bulb above my head on the 'Summer' weapons being each season ranks will reset, can we plan to see seasonal weapon changes? So every 66 days when seasons change each weapon will have new powers/talents/stats?

If not, think about it! Would love to see Seasonal items. One thing I loved in games was rare items for bragging rights but seasonal items would give all dedicated players and new players a chance to have items to brag about! :)

Developer
TechnomagePvP on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
So recently I only got the little light bulb above my head on the 'Summer' weapons being each season ranks will reset, can we plan to see seasonal weapon changes? So every 66 days when seasons change each weapon will have new powers/talents/stats?

If not, think about it! Would love to see Seasonal items. One thing I loved in games was rare items for bragging rights but seasonal items would give all dedicated players and new players a chance to have items to brag about! :)
Yes, the weapons (and their powers) change from season to season.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ratbeard on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
So I get one of the summer weapons. Does it stay a summer weapon permanently, or does it become a fall weapon and change what it does come autumn?

Also, presumably you have to have a particular PvP rank to buy the weapons although I didn't see any such notice when I was looking at the gear. Will you be putting up the restrictions? I have plenty of scrip, but could not purchase anything.

Is the gear just PvP gear, or can it be used out in the real game?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
That's amazing!

Developer
If you buy a weapon, it stays as is from the moment you buy it. If you buy a lower level Summer weapon, it will always be a lower level Summer weapon.

And even if you earned the rank necessary to buy the Summer weapon, you'll need to rank up again to buy the next weapon in the next season.

Better feedback on purchase requirements is on the list!

Developer
the midnightpirate on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
That's amazing!
Sorry-- see above! What I said was misleading.

The weapons OFFERED in the shop change from season to season. The weapons themselves don't change!

So sorry!

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Sorry-- see above! What I said was misleading.

The weapons OFFERED in the shop change from season to season. The weapons themselves don't change!

So sorry!
I know what you meant I think it's super cool you can collect all the weapons and pick witch ones you'd like to use

Ensign
Aug 31, 2013
I would love test scrip (like crowns) so we can buy those easily. Would you please grant this in the next test update?

Ensign
Aug 05, 2012
so every time a season ends the weapons change like if we went into summer it would be a winters champion rifle with ice

Admiral
May 30, 2010
If you buy a weapon, it stays as is from the moment you buy it. If you buy a lower level Summer weapon, it will always be a lower level Summer weapon.

And even if you earned the rank necessary to buy the Summer weapon, you'll need to rank up again to buy the next weapon in the next season.

Better feedback on purchase requirements is on the list!
So you'd have to PVP every season to get the appropriate level weapon even if you've already got that level weapon in say, Summer? Or am I misreading what you're typing?

And I repeat, the seasonal weapons are just for PvP or will they work out in PvE?