Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Farming Manticore Sting

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 18, 2015
Does anyone know how long farming on the Dread Manticore takes? I've done almost 40 battles with no success of the Manticore Sting.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aquilus99 on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Does anyone know how long farming on the Dread Manticore takes? I've done almost 40 battles with no success of the Manticore Sting.
Welcome to the message boards, marshmallow1999!
If you're trying to get an item that is rare to ultra rare, you have to be prepared for putting in A LOT of time to get it. That's why its also called a 'grind'.
I still haven't got Blood's Jacket and I've been farming Miranda for months. Not to mention trying to get the Masque of the Lotus from the Tower of Moo Manchu.
Farming takes time. You may get that item the first time or the 201st time or never.
Good Luck and I hope you get it soon.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Would it make you feel better to know that I got the Manticore's Sting without too much trouble? I think I only had to battle a few times. BUT, after several hundreds of battles with Gortez - still no Axe.

Some people get lucky, others don't. However, if you're getting frustrated with the farming, take a break and do something else for a while. Coming back to it after a break sometimes does the trick.

Ensign
Mar 18, 2015
Thanks guys! I finally got it and I hope you guys have success in farming Blood's jacket and Gortez's axe!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I got it from the dread manticore. Keep trying you'll get lucky.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
What is so good about the sting
It grants weapon power, and grants a +1 repel boarders. This is really useful for Privateers especially sicne with dress the line you can get repel boarders 3. Buccaneers are also fine with sacrificing a hidden guaranteed attack for a combo starter(most of them anyways)

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Stormy Sam Templet... on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
It grants weapon power, and grants a +1 repel boarders. This is really useful for Privateers especially sicne with dress the line you can get repel boarders 3. Buccaneers are also fine with sacrificing a hidden guaranteed attack for a combo starter(most of them anyways)
Ok, the weapon sounds like a wildcard