Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Revival Timer

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
One of the more recent features added to the game was the sad scrap of the Mojo Potions being able to revive Companions, and replaced by a timer which would allow us players to go to someone named Miracle Mitch in Skull Island to pay outrageous prices just to revive one companion (depending on their level). As their levels go up, the timer goes up. It's gone from two minutes, to one hour. From one hour, to four hours. As the game gets updated, just IMAGINE what will happen when they get to around level one hundred! The timer could go up to over TEN hours! I really do think this new feature should be scrapped. All it really does is give us yet another reason to farm Friar Sandy. But take a brief moment to just imagine how long it will take when the game gets us up to around Wizard101's age. It could take ages! Possibly weeks! If they could either
A: Make it stay at five hours at least
B: Or make Miracle Mitch's prices stay the same
that would be great! But of course, there is not all bad in this change. The rather good part is people using Nurse Quinn more often. (That should actually be a challenge. +100000 to your max gold limit if you can do Moo Manchu with just Nurse Quinn.) But in all seriousness, I do have quite a love-hate relationship with this new update.

Please note I've tried not to turn this into a pointless rant.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
akhenaten751 on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
One of the more recent features added to the game was the sad scrap of the Mojo Potions being able to revive Companions, and replaced by a timer which would allow us players to go to someone named Miracle Mitch in Skull Island to pay outrageous prices just to revive one companion (depending on their level). As their levels go up, the timer goes up. It's gone from two minutes, to one hour. From one hour, to four hours. As the game gets updated, just IMAGINE what will happen when they get to around level one hundred! The timer could go up to over TEN hours! I really do think this new feature should be scrapped. All it really does is give us yet another reason to farm Friar Sandy. But take a brief moment to just imagine how long it will take when the game gets us up to around Wizard101's age. It could take ages! Possibly weeks! If they could either
that would be great! But of course, there is not all bad in this change. The rather good part is people using Nurse Quinn more often. (That should actually be a challenge. +100000 to your max gold limit if you can do Moo Manchu with just Nurse Quinn.) But in all seriousness, I do have quite a love-hate relationship with this new update.

I'm hoping that KI has instituted a cap on the time your companions are on "bed-rest"; I don't believe that they would make players wait more than 8 hours for a companion to revive or make us pay the current gold cap of 200,000 gold to revive them, it doesn't make sense and they must know there would be a real revolt if this did happen.
So, I'm trusting that this won't happen and training a few favorites in "Scrapper" to get them back quicker.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

This issue again. The idea of the outrageous time is a punishment for carelessness. I myself complained on the matter, but the community graciously remindedme that I was playing too aggressively. Since then, I've played more defensively, and as a result, I'm rarely going to Mitch.

At level 100, I've calculated the wait time as being somewhere around 8 4/7 hours (or about 8 hours, 34 minutes, and 17 seconds) to 9 9/13 hours( or about 9 hours, 41 minutes, and 32 seconds). So... not over 10 hours. If your wondering how I got that, I simply set up some proportions. I'll agree, it's still a long time. I'm currently still waiting for the exact price and level of a companion to estimate the price.

I'm not saying I like the update, but I do think it's right and just. Plus, think about what he's doing. He's literally performing a miracle(hence the name). Last I knew, miracles required 7 emeralds of unlimited power or a Disney Movie. Unfortunately, this isn't Disney, and those emeralds are currently in the control of a fast hedgehog. Due to the lack of those things, he should probably be charging more.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
Just to let you all know, I've edited the post because I thought I sounded a little bit too rantish and aggressive.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
I'm hoping that KI has instituted a cap on the time your companions are on "bed-rest"; I don't believe that they would make players wait more than 8 hours for a companion to revive or make us pay the current gold cap of 200,000 gold to revive them, it doesn't make sense and they must know there would be a real revolt if this did happen.
So, I'm trusting that this won't happen and training a few favorites in "Scrapper" to get them back quicker.
Tough and Scrapper are requirements for your favorite companions to be honest. Especially for swashbuckler companions like El Toro, Sarah Steele, Kan Po, etc etc. Then again, the "reset" button there in the bottom right exists as well.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Just to let you all know, I've edited the post because I thought I sounded a little bit too rantish and aggressive.
Reading my post again, I'm sorry about how rude that might have come off as. I was kinda angry that day and the original post sounded a little ranty so I wrote unnecessarily rude. However I still stand by my points, just not my language.