Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

P101 PVP gear for buccaneer

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
Ahoy! So i kinda need help with my gear for pvp (i'm a max buccaneer). Well if you could help me with that i will really don't know how to thanks. just write a comment on what gear i should get and where i can get it.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
imagician26 on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy! So i kinda need help with my gear for pvp (i'm a max buccaneer). Well if you could help me with that i will really don't know how to thanks. just write a comment on what gear i should get and where i can get it.
Ahoy there!
The tower of Moo Manchu set of gear is very popular in PvP, due to the extra Vicious Charge and Leviathan's call. Although, you need some protection spells.(i.e. Valor's Armor, Fortress) I suggest a good robe dropped by the minotaurs in the Labyrinth that gives strength, armor and Valor's Fortress (50% damage protection), called the Spolas of Eagilles.You should farm for the axe of the minotaur lords as well, from the same fights the armor drops from. Gives 223 damage and 'Follow Through'. A power that guarantees a bonus attack on a random adjacent enemy. For the boots, you can choose between the tower boots, or Dragoon's heavy boots, which gives Walk in Darkness and 10 bonus strength, the easiest boss that drops it it Tyson ( Traveling Medicine Show, Tumbleweed skyway). The best hat is Manchu tower's hat. For the eyepatch, use Death's bargain, Masque of the Lotus or Patch of St. Fido. You can use the totem from Manchu tower or Bloody Charm, the easiest source being the water guardian in Maruzame castle, Subata Skyway. Your best charm is the Right Hand Chain, from the tower. You can choose between 2 rings: Ring of the 47, gives 6 armor and a Valor's Fort, the easiest sources are The Fire Guardian, Maruzame Castle and Jinzaburo in Sujimura Village, Kita dock, Khotan Skyway. The other ring is Josey's ring, gives 2 strength, 5 armor and Walk in Darkness power. Dropped by Old man Bronco, old jailhouse, Tumbleweed skyway and The bird with no name in The cave with no name, in Arroyo Grande ( west entrance).
Happy sailing!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mindy GoldenHeart on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there!
The tower of Moo Manchu set of gear is very popular in PvP, due to the extra Vicious Charge and Leviathan's call. Although, you need some protection spells.(i.e. Valor's Armor, Fortress) I suggest a good robe dropped by the minotaurs in the Labyrinth that gives strength, armor and Valor's Fortress (50% damage protection), called the Spolas of Eagilles.You should farm for the axe of the minotaur lords as well, from the same fights the armor drops from. Gives 223 damage and 'Follow Through'. A power that guarantees a bonus attack on a random adjacent enemy. For the boots, you can choose between the tower boots, or Dragoon's heavy boots, which gives Walk in Darkness and 10 bonus strength, the easiest boss that drops it it Tyson ( Traveling Medicine Show, Tumbleweed skyway). The best hat is Manchu tower's hat. For the eyepatch, use Death's bargain, Masque of the Lotus or Patch of St. Fido. You can use the totem from Manchu tower or Bloody Charm, the easiest source being the water guardian in Maruzame castle, Subata Skyway. Your best charm is the Right Hand Chain, from the tower. You can choose between 2 rings: Ring of the 47, gives 6 armor and a Valor's Fort, the easiest sources are The Fire Guardian, Maruzame Castle and Jinzaburo in Sujimura Village, Kita dock, Khotan Skyway. The other ring is Josey's ring, gives 2 strength, 5 armor and Walk in Darkness power. Dropped by Old man Bronco, old jailhouse, Tumbleweed skyway and The bird with no name in The cave with no name, in Arroyo Grande ( west entrance).
Happy sailing!
Very good advice there, and I'll only say that of the accessories ( eyepatch ) Death's Bargain earring, dropped by Jonathan of the Nefarious Five in the Tower of Moo Manchu is better for a buccaneer, as it drains health from someone nearby when you drop below half health. This is especially good if you like to use Reckless Frenzy.
The Masque of the Lotus requires a high will to be useful.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
Very good advice there, and I'll only say that of the accessories ( eyepatch ) Death's Bargain earring, dropped by Jonathan of the Nefarious Five in the Tower of Moo Manchu is better for a buccaneer, as it drains health from someone nearby when you drop below half health. This is especially good if you like to use Reckless Frenzy.
He would be better off getting an eye patch that gives assassin also masque of the lotus dose not require will to work it has a 35% chance to work every round and another 35% to land just like the flames with dragon axe of doom all thou dragon axe of doom has 100% chance to land if you trigger it and buffs don't make it go any higher but yah if you can't get the assassin eye patch you should go with soul shroud
Quickharryabbott

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Ahoy!
Thank ye for pointing it out! Me be forgetting a lot, ye should know! I've learned about an eyepatch that gives Assassin's, Schemer's eyepatch, dropped by Rooke ( The Wreck of the Victory, Trafalgar vortex, Westminster skyway) and Tyler in the Mechanical Labs, Isle of Dogs.
Happy sailin', fella scallywags!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Ahoy there!
Happy sailing!
schemer's eyepatch is also very useful

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the midnightpirate on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
He would be better off getting an eye patch that gives assassin also masque of the lotus dose not require will to work it has a 35% chance to work every round and another 35% to land just like the flames with dragon axe of doom all thou dragon axe of doom has 100% chance to land if you trigger it and buffs don't make it go any higher but yah if you can't get the assassin eye patch you should go with soul shroud
Quickharryabbott
In the post "Charming Gaze Mechanics" Ratbeard confirms that the mask is improved by Will.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Yo, so anyway I've pvp'd with my Buck for quiet some time now and have even went toe to toe and beaten some pretty good players with him. If know the pvp community well these names should pop out to you, Alex Deathflame/Hawkins, Quentin, Robert (Zuto), Zane, Jeremy Nichols, Quentin, etc.

Anyway enough with my bragging rights I've earned fighting these top players lets get down to my mini-gear guide for Buck:

Pet(s) Honestly this is something not really important as long as your pet has at the least the Grants 'Turn the Tide' and 'Elusive' make sure you have trained your talents properly to get as so

Privy -
Powers: Up to Valor's Shield
Talent: Up to Elusive 2

Witch -
Talent: Up to Spooky 2 (Helps with Rouse and Assassin plus Absorb)

Buckler -
Powers: Up to Walk in Shadows
Talents: Up to Fast 2+Rough 2

Gear-

Weapons - Dragon-Axe of Doom, Axe of the Minotaur Lords, Sea Sheller (Optional)
Hats - High Plains Headgear (Call to Arms), Tower Helm lvl 65, The Helm of the Valiant (Fort)
Robes - Tower Robe lvl 65, Mighty Warrior's Robe (Absorb), (Optional's) Hussar's Shell Jacket/Spolas of Eagilles
Boots - Dragoon's Heavy Boots, Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu
Accessories (Eyepatch) - Schemer's Eyepatch
Totem - Tower Totem lvl 65
Charms - Special Branch Badge, Tower Totem lvl 65, Sprockets Key
Ring - Josey's Ring

Now onto the gear vs Each class:
Buck vs Buck
Hat - Tower
Robe - Mighty Warrior's
Boots - Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu
Wep - Mino
Charm - Tower
Pet: If you put time into pets get one with Webs+Sneaky Sneak R2

Privy vs Buck
Hat - Call to Arms
Robe - Absorb
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Mino
Charm - Sprocket Key
Pet: Just need the basics and come with maybe a heal+Backstab grant

Musket vs Buck
Hat - Fort
Robe - Absorb
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Mino
Charm - Sprocket
Pet: Try to get one with an extra heal, prot buff, +Backstab

Swash vs Buck
Hat - High Plains
Robe - Tower
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Sea Shell/Doom (Depends if tide pet or not)
Charm - Fort
Pet: Lots of Heals+Basics

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
TechnomagePvP on Jun 21, 2015 wrote:
Yo, so anyway I've pvp'd with my Buck for quiet some time now and have even went toe to toe and beaten some pretty good players with him. If know the pvp community well these names should pop out to you, Alex Deathflame/Hawkins, Quentin, Robert (Zuto), Zane, Jeremy Nichols, Quentin, etc.

Anyway enough with my bragging rights I've earned fighting these top players lets get down to my mini-gear guide for Buck:

Pet(s) Honestly this is something not really important as long as your pet has at the least the Grants 'Turn the Tide' and 'Elusive' make sure you have trained your talents properly to get as so

Privy -

Witch -

Buckler -

Gear-

Hats - High Plains Headgear (Call to Arms), Tower Helm lvl 65, The Helm of the Valiant (Fort)
Robes - Tower Robe lvl 65, Mighty Warrior's Robe (Absorb), (Optional's) Hussar's Shell Jacket/Spolas of Eagilles
Ring - Josey's Ring

Buck vs Buck
Hat - Tower
Robe - Mighty Warrior's
Wep - Mino
Charm - Tower

Privy vs Buck
Hat - Call to Arms
Robe - Absorb
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Mino
Charm - Sprocket Key

Musket vs Buck
Hat - Fort
Robe - Absorb
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Mino
Charm - Sprocket

Swash vs Buck
Hat - High Plains
Robe - Tower
Boots - Dragoon
Charm - Fort
waiting equals tanking

-Jeremy 2015

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

Privy -

Witch -

Buckler -

Gear-

Ring - Josey's Ring

Buck vs Buck
Hat - Tower
Robe - Mighty Warrior's
Wep - Mino
Charm - Tower

Privy vs Buck
Hat - Call to Arms
Robe - Absorb
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Mino
Charm - Sprocket Key

Musket vs Buck
Hat - Fort
Robe - Absorb
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Mino
Charm - Sprocket

Swash vs Buck
Hat - High Plains
Robe - Tower
Boots - Dragoon
Charm - Fort
i could also have different set ups for my privy vs different classes, but i'm REALLY lazy and just have one universal set

waiting equals tanking

-jeremy 2015

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
zuto4011a on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
i could also have different set ups for my privy vs different classes, but i'm REALLY lazy and just have one universal set

waiting equals tanking

-jeremy 2015
That was my musk thou

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

waiting equals tanking

-jeremy 2015
In the spirit of : "The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked." Please explain what you mean by the phrase "Waiting equals tanking"?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
In the spirit of : "The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked." Please explain what you mean by the phrase "Waiting equals tanking"?
its an inside joke between me and fiesty

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Long story short, we were doing a central ladder match and asked if waiting out my Musk's knockback bombs was allowed, I said if ur just gonna pass it is counted as tanking but he was told before that if its for a strategic reason like timing the bombs out it was allowed, I lied so he would mess up lol

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013

waiting equals tanking

-jeremy 2015
Wait, zuto4011, are you the fiesty Orange??!

Au Revoir

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
JackThePirate527 on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:

Au Revoir
Technomagepvp is feisty, i am robert just someone who appears in a lot of his videos

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
JackThePirate527 on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:

Au Revoir
Nope, Zuto is Rob. I'm the fiestyorange lol

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
TechnomagePvP on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
feastyorange

-John 2015

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
TechnomagePvP on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Bro i just wanna say I love yor you tubes and the commentary is the best!!! You have greatly helped me develop more for a buccaneer strategy. Although, me and a couple friends were talking and we all agreed we would love to see you do more musketeer Pvp!!!

Au Revoir

JackThePirate

Ensign
Mar 14, 2014
Ahoy there!
Happy sailing!
if i may ask wouldn't dragoon's heavy boots be dropped by a dragoon or is it just named that? and another question i got is would it be good if your pet already has turn the tide so you get turn the tide 3 already and then aim to get the axe of the Minotaur lords too so you have follow through as well? if you can answer this i will be very grateful. just remember the motto the more you pvp the more you find out what strategy suits you.

character names: Bloody Brandon Chamberlain and Bloody Brandon Chamberlain both max lvl

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015

Privy -

Witch -

Buckler -

Gear-

Ring - Josey's Ring

Buck vs Buck
Hat - Tower
Robe - Mighty Warrior's
Wep - Mino
Charm - Tower

Privy vs Buck
Hat - Call to Arms
Robe - Absorb
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Mino
Charm - Sprocket Key

Musket vs Buck
Hat - Fort
Robe - Absorb
Boots - Dragoon
Wep - Mino
Charm - Sprocket

Swash vs Buck
Hat - High Plains
Robe - Tower
Boots - Dragoon
Charm - Fort
Thx for help!

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
Ahoy there!
Happy sailing!
Thx!

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
Thx!

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
Ahoy!
Thank ye for pointing it out! Me be forgetting a lot, ye should know! I've learned about an eyepatch that gives Assassin's, Schemer's eyepatch, dropped by Rooke ( The Wreck of the Victory, Trafalgar vortex, Westminster skyway) and Tyler in the Mechanical Labs, Isle of Dogs.
Happy sailin', fella scallywags!
Thx!

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
zuto4011a on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
schemer's eyepatch is also very useful
Thx!