Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

bad luck

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
have you ever had a long series of bad luck, wither it be farming or just trying to get that companion you wanted from that pack? actually the only reason im doing this is so i can feel like im not the only one who has terrible luck \_o. o_/ for example, it took me all of summer into late winter to get rookes axe (through in spring and a whole year of none stop farming day and night) or how I've been farming blood for his jacket for quite a long time now (3 hats 2 hooks 1 cleaver and like 5 boots) maybe English bill, i got like 5 guns 3 hats and 1 jacket before i decided to go beat him up for fun and i got the boots. (my list could go on forever) so have you had any series or just a bunch of bad luck trying to get something? (note to self, sacrifice hawkules to luck gods, at least i wont have to hear his one "fact/question" anymore)

-jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on May 11, 2015 wrote:
have you ever had a long series of bad luck, wither it be farming or just trying to get that companion you wanted from that pack? actually the only reason im doing this is so i can feel like im not the only one who has terrible luck \_o. o_/ for example, it took me all of summer into late winter to get rookes axe (through in spring and a whole year of none stop farming day and night) or how I've been farming blood for his jacket for quite a long time now (3 hats 2 hooks 1 cleaver and like 5 boots) maybe English bill, i got like 5 guns 3 hats and 1 jacket before i decided to go beat him up for fun and i got the boots. (my list could go on forever) so have you had any series or just a bunch of bad luck trying to get something? (note to self, sacrifice hawkules to luck gods, at least i wont have to hear his one "fact/question" anymore)

Agreed, this is probably why so many players turn to superstition ( don't use treasure bath doubloons for example ) to enhance their luck. I would say my luck is not very bad and not very good.
The Bond Oni Bulwark, Moo's Imperial Boots and the Masque of the Lotus are still eluding me, the same goes for Blood's bloody Jacket.
However, I have a near complete English Bill set ( minus guns ) and my Buccaneer recently received a Staff of Power!
Do you think sacrificing Hawkules would work?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Hey there Jack! I think all of us, at some point in time, have experienced bouts of unfortunate lack of fortune, when it comes to Spiral drops (sounds like a bad skyway disease).

For the most part I have been pretty 'lucky' when it comes to acquiring the gear and items I have really sought after. But, that luck has often been influenced by some decent coughing up of Crowns (another Spiral illness), seeing as I often make up for not getting much in-game time by using Boss Second Chance Chests. I was able to acquire General Tso's full ensemble, including his weapon (with multiples of most items), in relatively few farming attempts....but I did have to raid his locked, silver wardrobe chest a time or 2, or 3, or 5, or who's counting? I also was able to acquire all 6 Grizzly pack companions and all 5 Tribal Crew companions-- and all on the same pirate!!! But, again I had to shell out a decent amount of Crowns...still pretty lucky though- got all 11 for as much as some have spent on 2 or 3. So, clearly 'cheating with Crowns and Second Chance Chests' can possibly help your luck out but it still isn't a guarantee.

It did take quite a while for Tyler to graciously hand over Schemer's Eyepatch and Antinous & Eurymachus are still possessing a firm grip on the Praetorian's Spear. I don't necessarily need it, but I want it, as I do so enjoy collecting the great boss gear out there in the Spiral. I also had a wee bit of bad luck trying to coax the Clocktopus into my boat....took 34 tries for that stubborn one.

But all in all, I'd say that I have had a good run of luck in the Spiral, especially considering my limited playing time. Most gear and pets, I seem to get with very limited farming/morphing attempts...even without using Crowns and SCCs. But yeah when you get those bosses/pets that just won't play nice, it sure gets you fired up.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012

oh, absolutely. It took me 46 cadmus fights to get the blades of shade, and the day after i got them, the tower was announced. So much wasted time . . .

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
I've been fighting minotaur's for two weeks two hours each day(2 or 3 runs) and I can't get the axe. I also can't get gotez's axe even though I've tried on every character. I save the boss chests for last whenever I open them but I get more disappointed that way.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
anecorbie on May 11, 2015 wrote:
Agreed, this is probably why so many players turn to superstition ( don't use treasure bath doubloons for example ) to enhance their luck. I would say my luck is not very bad and not very good.
The Bond Oni Bulwark, Moo's Imperial Boots and the Masque of the Lotus are still eluding me, the same goes for Blood's bloody Jacket.
However, I have a near complete English Bill set ( minus guns ) and my Buccaneer recently received a Staff of Power!
Do you think sacrificing Hawkules would work?
i would agree this "bad luck" (aka players to lazy to actually work for their items. except few, who just have, well bad luck. but most i know, lazy) has lead to a spiral wide superstition. for my i just have bad luck (mostly, got crokagator boots first try, first guess was the crok in mb sewers got it) but always think, this time i gave up, the next time i could have gotten it. it worked on me with rookes axe. as for English bills set i feel you, took me awhile to get those boots but by random chance and a urge for revenge i fought him and got the boots, try threatening him by saying you haven't seen the last of me, wait a bit and fight him again. basically what the brass monkey is doing... and congrats on your buck receiving the staff of power! team relentless sure helps doesn't it? as for hawkules, we have to get rid of him somehow... (question is, will they send him back? that would be indeed more insulting and awkward for us)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 11, 2015 wrote:
Hey there Jack! I think all of us, at some point in time, have experienced bouts of unfortunate lack of fortune, when it comes to Spiral drops (sounds like a bad skyway disease).

For the most part I have been pretty 'lucky' when it comes to acquiring the gear and items I have really sought after. But, that luck has often been influenced by some decent coughing up of Crowns (another Spiral illness), seeing as I often make up for not getting much in-game time by using Boss Second Chance Chests. I was able to acquire General Tso's full ensemble, including his weapon (with multiples of most items), in relatively few farming attempts....but I did have to raid his locked, silver wardrobe chest a time or 2, or 3, or 5, or who's counting? I also was able to acquire all 6 Grizzly pack companions and all 5 Tribal Crew companions-- and all on the same pirate!!! But, again I had to shell out a decent amount of Crowns...still pretty lucky though- got all 11 for as much as some have spent on 2 or 3. So, clearly 'cheating with Crowns and Second Chance Chests' can possibly help your luck out but it still isn't a guarantee.

It did take quite a while for Tyler to graciously hand over Schemer's Eyepatch and Antinous & Eurymachus are still possessing a firm grip on the Praetorian's Spear. I don't necessarily need it, but I want it, as I do so enjoy collecting the great boss gear out there in the Spiral. I also had a wee bit of bad luck trying to coax the Clocktopus into my boat....took 34 tries for that stubborn one.

But all in all, I'd say that I have had a good run of luck in the Spiral, especially considering my limited playing time. Most gear and pets, I seem to get with very limited farming/morphing attempts...even without using Crowns and SCCs. But yeah when you get those bosses/pets that just won't play nice, it sure gets you fired up.
it seems luck is with you, indeed the 2nd chance chests help allot (they to require luck so i wouldn't call it cheating) even when i use good luck charms (misty...) i have bad luck, and when people use me they have good luck (my friend had all of bloods stuff except the hat, he joined me he got the hat and left without saying thanks, but its cool) i was at the point where i was just going to light the fuse and blow up rooke with me and everyone else, (the run where i got the axe actually. i bet i did at least 1000 runs and yes i know that's a lie just exaggerating) i recently got a grizzly companion (free a friend gifted me.) so i guess we all have some luck

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Blixet on May 11, 2015 wrote:
oh, absolutely. It took me 46 cadmus fights to get the blades of shade, and the day after i got them, the tower was announced. So much wasted time . . .
lucky yet unlucky, well have fun with the tower and hope you continue to have good luck (without the bad)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Blixet on May 11, 2015 wrote:
well i hope you continue to have good luck (but without the bad)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
cat25529 on May 11, 2015 wrote:
I've been fighting minotaur's for two weeks two hours each day(2 or 3 runs) and I can't get the axe. I also can't get gotez's axe even though I've tried on every character. I save the boss chests for last whenever I open them but I get more disappointed that way.
it takes time and patience, which you seem to have, don't worry you will get it one day

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013

Oh yeah, My luck is terrible when it comes to drops. It took me from when the tower was offically released to about march for me to finally get the nefarious musketeer weapon. (I think it's called the nova blaster.) But i've been trying ever since the tower came up to even now for the Buck weapon. STILL no luck.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Yes I have experienced some bad luck along the way, not just as a swashbuckler ( she is the unluckiest pirate, to ever sail in the skyway ) also my other five characters.It's like a pendulum of chance, sometimes you are lucky and sometimes luck is not there.

It takes determination to overcome bad luck and sometimes good luck comes unexpectedly.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Yar, there be a time or two where I've had some of the worst kind of bad luck in both games and it be pretty rare when it comes out nowhere like that.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
May 16, 2014

Took me forever to get the masque of the lotus in the Tower of Moo Manchu. I got it though and good bye tower!.

Noble Alexandria

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
sarcastiel on May 11, 2015 wrote:
Oh yeah, My luck is terrible when it comes to drops. It took me from when the tower was offically released to about march for me to finally get the nefarious musketeer weapon. (I think it's called the nova blaster.) But i've been trying ever since the tower came up to even now for the Buck weapon. STILL no luck.
don't worry it will drop eventually. just think of all the great stuff you got while you've been farming and all the great stuff you will get in the time it will take to get it

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on May 12, 2015 wrote:
Yes I have experienced some bad luck along the way, not just as a swashbuckler ( she is the unluckiest pirate, to ever sail in the skyway ) also my other five characters.It's like a pendulum of chance, sometimes you are lucky and sometimes luck is not there.

It takes determination to overcome bad luck and sometimes good luck comes unexpectedly.
i feel you, it seems as if all the bad luck in the spiral comes from me and i take in the rest that isn't used. (or like i have a unlimited amount of bad luck and more just piles up even though its infinite) but your right its completely chance. but there's that one moment you get lucky and when you have bad luck remember that moment, it will keep you going

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
jack morgan933 on May 12, 2015 wrote:
Yar, there be a time or two where I've had some of the worst kind of bad luck in both games and it be pretty rare when it comes out nowhere like that.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
in wizard101 i seem to be pretty lucky from time to time (survived a hard battle with about 13 health, a friend couldn't make it but i survived and finished the dungeon) at the end of gh where you have to fight the helephant
(im a fire so yaaaaa...) i had 1 prism left, a helephant and one blade. i managed to critical with the blade and prism and beat him while one hit would have killed me. but one day i hope that luck will come over to pirate to, but when bad luck happens (even if its rare for you) just hope it will pass and call in a favor from one eyed jack.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Captain Jack Aubre... on May 12, 2015 wrote:
Took me forever to get the masque of the lotus in the Tower of Moo Manchu. I got it though and good bye tower!.

Noble Alexandria
it seems even if it takes forever, it may seem like bad luck. wither it take a year or more to get one item (you have gotten every item multiple times to) the moment you get it all the bad like was wiped clean and its all replaced by that one moment of good luck you had. so its kind of like you never were unlucky it just took awhile