Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A new myth in the Tower?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, there I was in the Tower - yet again - trying to get my musketeer her Pagoda Paragon badge. And I've equipped her with the Nefarious Novablaster. When some girl says "Did you know that equipping Nefarious weapons in the tower makes fights harder? And decreases the chance of drops? According to my experience." And when I say "That's bull", she says "I'm just making a suggestion."
Just where do they get this claptrap? I left that team-up, I wasn't going to hear her complain and moan every floor about how I ( with my Nefarious weapon ) is making it difficult to fight or get drops.
In my experience ( considerable ) having a nefarious weapon makes a battle easier and doesn't make any difference in drops.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've heard another myth, and this one will make Ratbeard laugh out loud. A privateer I met in the Tower swears that if one of the team drinks the elixir, drop rates go up! He says whenever someone has drank it, he receives something good, so if you're looking for a team up that will allow you to be Nefarious, look for Careful Alejandro Hobbes. He will thank you for drinking!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on May 8, 2015 wrote:
Well, there I was in the Tower - yet again - trying to get my musketeer her Pagoda Paragon badge. And I've equipped her with the Nefarious Novablaster. When some girl says "Did you know that equipping Nefarious weapons in the tower makes fights harder? And decreases the chance of drops? According to my experience." And when I say "That's bull", she says "I'm just making a suggestion."
Just where do they get this claptrap? I left that team-up, I wasn't going to hear her complain and moan every floor about how I ( with my Nefarious weapon ) is making it difficult to fight or get drops.
In my experience ( considerable ) having a nefarious weapon makes a battle easier and doesn't make any difference in drops.
It's just myths, nothing more than that. Drop rates are drop rates! No group I have been in even cares about the dumb myths anymore. We just do our run and leave as happy pirates! All we do is pray to the drop gods for good drops, and we go from there.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
reminds me of another games myth, destiny, people for some reason still believe looting a chest that only gives materials will reduce the chance of an exotic drop in the next chest(exotic is the best tier)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 18, 2015 wrote:
reminds me of another games myth, destiny, people for some reason still believe looting a chest that only gives materials will reduce the chance of an exotic drop in the next chest(exotic is the best tier)
Would you like to do a Tower run with me this weekend, zuto?. We can put aside our differences and get to know each other, maybe even learn some respect for each other. Please let me know what you think.

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but another one is if you drink the potion you don't get any boss drops.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on May 18, 2015 wrote:
Would you like to do a Tower run with me this weekend, zuto?. We can put aside our differences and get to know each other, maybe even learn some respect for each other. Please let me know what you think.
sure, Saturday?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 19, 2015 wrote:
sure, Saturday?
Saturday is good, Time ( include time zone ) and realm. I'll get back to you with my answer.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on May 19, 2015 wrote:
Saturday is good, Time ( include time zone ) and realm. I'll get back to you with my answer.
anytime between 2pm-2am eastern time, realm dragon prince

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 19, 2015 wrote:
anytime between 2pm-2am eastern time, realm dragon prince
I'll be there! And Thank you.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
How about 5 pm eastern time, 3 hours should be enough for a run

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
cat25529 on May 18, 2015 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but another one is if you drink the potion you don't get any boss drops.
I can assure you, that is false. just as all and any other rumors you have heard about the tower: for instance, no, using doubloons doesnt ruin your chances or getting loot. that is all stuff people made up to mess with others.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
What about that myth where if you use Treasure Bath you dont get rare drops. MAN thats getting old

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you, Robert, again, for a wonderful Tower run. And to Midnight Bandit ( Harry ) who certainly showed me a thing or two in the 1v1pvp we did after! I won't be making those mistakes again! Lol, maybe you'll turn me into a pvp player! ( maybe ).

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on May 23, 2015 wrote:
Thank you, Robert, again, for a wonderful Tower run. And to Midnight Bandit ( Harry ) who certainly showed me a thing or two in the 1v1pvp we did after! I won't be making those mistakes again! Lol, maybe you'll turn me into a pvp player! ( maybe ).
was a good run, no drops but max gold

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on May 23, 2015 wrote:
Thanks the 1v1 and got a lot of gold from the tower was fun Quick Harry Abbott