Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scrip questions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
I have I few questions about scrip I can't find answers for

When you sell scrip items do they go for the price you brought them for or is halved like gold?

Are any of the masks dyeable?(My pirate's flag color does not have much black)

Are scrip items tradeable?

And the last one, What is the best enemy to get scrip from?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
cat25529 on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:

When you sell scrip items do they go for the price you brought them for or is halved like gold?

I don't believe you can sell scrip items; I mean, why would you do this? Scrip is rare and takes a while to gather, why sell off valuable items for nothing?
You can't chose the color or dye the masks.
Scrip items are tradable in your shared bank
Best way to find scrip is to sink ships, boss ships or towers in the skyway. The further from Skull Island you are, the more likely you'll find scrip.

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
I wanted to know to see I could move all my scrip to one character by moving and selling items,

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

I believe, if you try to sell a sellable Scrip item (many are labeled No Sell), you'll get a small amount of gold, just like Crowns items.

I don't believe the masks are dyeable. But just about everything in the Black Market is tradeable.

The best enemy to get scrip from is the enemy you can defeat repeatedly the fastest. Depending on which skyway you are in, that might be the ship El Sombrero Amarillo in Monquista or it might be The Kerberos in Aquila with a bunch of other players (choose the latter if you are able). NO scrip has been reported to drop anywhere in the Skull Island except the Port Regal area. The more ships sinking enemies, the faster and better your scrip farming will go.

You may be tempted to try the Smuggler's Arena, but unless you have three stalwart friends, that scrip is tough to come by.

A chance at a scrip reward is also available from the Wishing Well in the Smuggler's Cove castle you can buy for 100,000 gold in the Crowns Shop, but most of the time you'll receive gold.

Hope that helps!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Smuggler's arena anyone? Seriously, from a tiny cow to a 'orrible little dog. lol Oy vey!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I wanted to know to see I could move all my scrip to one character by moving and selling items,
As with gold, you can't trade scrip.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I never did officially work up the statistics from the records of Wishing Well trips I was keeping, but scrip "hits" are roughly about 1 time in 6. With gold, to some extent the amount you receive seems to be affected by the level of the pirate. With scrip, I don't think level has any affect on the amount. When we do hit scrip, we have hit a max of 100 scrip (three times), and never less than 5 scrip.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:
I believe, if you try to sell a sellable Scrip item (many are labeled No Sell), you'll get a small amount of gold, just like Crowns items.

I don't believe the masks are dyeable. But just about everything in the Black Market is tradeable.

The best enemy to get scrip from is the enemy you can defeat repeatedly the fastest. Depending on which skyway you are in, that might be the ship El Sombrero Amarillo in Monquista or it might be The Kerberos in Aquila with a bunch of other players (choose the latter if you are able). NO scrip has been reported to drop anywhere in the Skull Island except the Port Regal area. The more ships sinking enemies, the faster and better your scrip farming will go.

You may be tempted to try the Smuggler's Arena, but unless you have three stalwart friends, that scrip is tough to come by.

A chance at a scrip reward is also available from the Wishing Well in the Smuggler's Cove castle you can buy for 100,000 gold in the Crowns Shop, but most of the time you'll receive gold.

Hope that helps!
It seems to me that one of my baby pirates actually got some scrip dropped in Skull Island skyway. It was seriously very little, but I was surprised to see any at all (by little, I mean either one or two). It was definitely not in Port Regal; he's too low-level for that. I'm not certain he can even make it to Tradewinds yet, he's so low level, but he might be clear.

Don't quote me on that; I could be misremembering.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
As with gold, you can't trade scrip.
I think cat25529 wanted to trade scrip items onto one pirate and sell them for scrip, but no, scrip items aren't tradeable.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Oops, in my last post, I said scrip items weren't tradeable. I meant sell-able.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
I think cat25529 wanted to trade scrip items onto one pirate and sell them for scrip, but no, scrip items aren't tradeable.
Scrip items are actually tradable, I've been doing this a lot. For example, Esperanza has quite a bit of scrip and was able to buy some end caps and doorway divider, I then placed these items in the shared bank and my other char, Darcy, was able to claim and use those items.

Ensign
Nov 19, 2012

What is scrip? I get that it must be money of some sort. Where can you use it and what does it buy you? Better power ups? I'm so confused. lol

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Scrip buys you housing items, doubloons, gear, a pet... It's hard to get and takes forever to save up for what you want, but it's something else to do as we wait for the next world, should that ever arrive.