Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Frank Discussion on 'Hide'

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
anecorbie on May 5, 2015 wrote:
You're right 'hide' does ignore Hold the Line, cheap shot and repel boarders. In my experience in the Tower 50+ runs, the pigs on floor three will attack the statues if there are no targets for them.
Why should Alert be nerfed? If I'm forced to go through traps, I'd better have a way to not get slaughtered completely. I would prefer to Jump over them, think about it - I can jump from ship to ship and over obstacles; why can't I just jump over a trap?
Like the swashbuckler's hide, I imagine that you cannot actually detect traps..

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Voodoo Cornelius on May 6, 2015 wrote:
Like the swashbuckler's hide, I imagine that you cannot actually detect traps..
In pvp its important to remember that black fog only can work for one attack round. Even if the swashbuckler buffs up once the attack is used that buff is gone until they use the next single hide. The team itself can only be hidden once granted there isn't companions used that have their own hide abilities. It is also important to note that while these epics are ignored by hide they are still useful when the companion or person comes out of hide when they become targetable. The triggering of epics help makes the most of each turn and these extra attacks are the key to wearing a party down. Try to trigger as much as you can. The triggering of epics are key. The trick is surviving that initial attack which with the right training and defenses is possible. But do not be afraid if you have to sacrifice one. Also it is important to base companion selection based on the swashbuckler's strengths and weaknesses in both attack and defensive numbers not simply based on worrying about hide. Pvp is a numbers game and reading them and taking advantage of them can help you greatly in combating this seemingly powerful card.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey