Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Let Me Be A Privateer

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
"Help me I need healing!" these words or their like come across my screen a lot and when they do I drop whatever I'm doing if possible and answer the call. I arrive on the scene either to find a dead pirate and some struggling companions or that will be the case next round only to find that recently I can't join the fight! "The game won't let me join!" I yell. "Oh no!", the other pirate says.

I don't leave because I don't want to abandon him or her or whatever but I am forced to watch from the sidelines. I become that player's biggest cheerleader. If they win nothing makes me happier but if they lose I curse their loss because I could have prevented it.

Also a lot of times I enjoy what I call freelance privateering. I pick a world and help anyone I find. Sometimes coming across situations of pirates in need. I used to be able to help them too but now the same thing. I can't join the fight.

I am asking to remove this feature and let me join the fight. I consider healing the main part of my job let me do it in the hopes that a little generosity shared in this world will pass out into the real world.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey (Here's hoping)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
"Help me I need healing!" these words or their like come across my screen a lot and when they do I drop whatever I'm doing if possible and answer the call. I arrive on the scene either to find a dead pirate and some struggling companions or that will be the case next round only to find that recently I can't join the fight! "The game won't let me join!" I yell. "Oh no!", the other pirate says.

I don't leave because I don't want to abandon him or her or whatever but I am forced to watch from the sidelines. I become that player's biggest cheerleader. If they win nothing makes me happier but if they lose I curse their loss because I could have prevented it.

Also a lot of times I enjoy what I call freelance privateering. I pick a world and help anyone I find. Sometimes coming across situations of pirates in need. I used to be able to help them too but now the same thing. I can't join the fight.

I am asking to remove this feature and let me join the fight. I consider healing the main part of my job let me do it in the hopes that a little generosity shared in this world will pass out into the real world.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey (Here's hoping)
I have seen this situation and usually it's in the last stages of a battle ( one or two enemies left on the board ) where a late arrival is unable to join. I believe this is to prevent extra enemies suddenly appearing and lengthening the battle when a friend suddenly 'pops in'.
How many times has this happened to us when we were questing? We are nearly finished with a difficult battle, we're winning but we're low on health; then a friend ports to us - resulting in an least one fully healthy enemy who then proceeds to thrash us and our companions.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
I have seen this situation and usually it's in the last stages of a battle ( one or two enemies left on the board ) where a late arrival is unable to join. I believe this is to prevent extra enemies suddenly appearing and lengthening the battle when a friend suddenly 'pops in'.
How many times has this happened to us when we were questing? We are nearly finished with a difficult battle, we're winning but we're low on health; then a friend ports to us - resulting in an least one fully healthy enemy who then proceeds to thrash us and our companions.
I was referring to situations where either you were asked to port by a friend or by a person you were passing by not just a "pop in." If there could be an option like the "would you like to remain in combat?" button could be "Would you like this friend to join in battle?" or something like that. You could either select yes or no to prevent unwanted pop ins or joins.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey