Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Those Big Armada Guys

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 06, 2012
I am near the end of Marleybone ( so I heard ) and I'm doing a dungeon to defeat an armada guy on the Isle of Fetch. The first battle is fine, but the second one is where it totally went wrong. I had a partner to help me but we got in an argument, so that's not an option anymore.

The second fight, these huge guys each dropped bombs on me before I could even start planning. I already had lost the battle, it justwasn't fair.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Brian GoldenShade on Feb 28, 2015 wrote:
I am near the end of Marleybone ( so I heard ) and I'm doing a dungeon to defeat an armada guy on the Isle of Fetch. The first battle is fine, but the second one is where it totally went wrong. I had a partner to help me but we got in an argument, so that's not an option anymore.

The second fight, these huge guys each dropped bombs on me before I could even start planning. I already had lost the battle, it justwasn't fair.
The Armada Dragoons, this is their special attack. What's your level and level of your companions; especially your health, armor and theirs? Could you do some side quests to raise it, gear to help with armor or health? Most of all, do you want help?
Realize that the Dragoons have a 'righteous response' ( I think its called that ) Its like a vengeance strike; they use it when shot at.
Be prepared, you will face them again in another battle.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013

I understand your frustration! This battle was a breeze for my Buccaneer, but it took several attempts for my Musketeer to finally beat it.

Judging by your message board avatar, I am assuming that you are a Musketeer. My advice would be to use melee-based companions with high health, lots of bombs/traps and your critical cards. If I remember correctly, Musketeer critical cards do not trigger the Armada Dragoons' Steely Resolve.

I hope that I was of assistance!
- Jack

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Yea that particular fight is designed to be tough and is one of those "Test your mettle and Player paying dues" kinda fight. Your best bet is to NOT use Musketeers on them as it will trigger lots of return fire on you that you want no part of. Use companions that have some heals or wear gear with some as those bombs will do some serious damage every time. The fight is designed to test you as it reduces you to about half strength at the get go. Use any doubloons you can get your hands on to either shield you and your crew or get minions out there to be meat shields for you. Finding a Privateer to help you out will also help greatly :D

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
All is fair in love and war....

The dragoons drop their bombs on the first round the majority of the time. Use companions that have higher defenses and make sure you have some heals ready. The battle is easy after the initial bombardment.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
The Dragoons you mean? What class are you? I personally did not find them hard but that is just me i know its hard for certain classes.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Yes, the Armada Dragoons are definitely a challenge.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The first time I encountered the Armada dragoons, I felt like a cartoon character, covered in soot after an explosion, blinking in surprise.

Once the initial shock wore off, my next feeling was: 'Wow, Cool!'

They are tough, but that makes them exciting foes to battle. You can be proud when you defeat them, since your battle is hard fought (and it is best if you think and fight accordingly!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

If they drop a Dragoon Autocannon, it will be worth it all, this weapon is fantastic for Musketeers.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2013
I've faced them before. Even in the Rooke fight. That bomb attack, it's called the Big Guns. Your best bet is to NOT use musket-based companions. The Dragoons have steely resolve. It's an attack to where you shoot them, they shoot back kind of deal. What level are you, I can help you out with them, and if you want help, tell me where.

Eric Collins: Level 65