Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Are there any viruses on this game

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 08, 2014
So I just got some new anti virus stuff I made an account first but when I went to do the download my anti virus said that it was a potentially dangerous download that contained spyware, malware, and other viruses. Is my antivirus just being slightly over protective or should I just play it safe and not download at all.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

No, there are no viruses in the game.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
Ricochety on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
So I just got some new anti virus stuff I made an account first but when I went to do the download my anti virus said that it was a potentially dangerous download that contained spyware, malware, and other viruses. Is my antivirus just being slightly over protective or should I just play it safe and not download at all.
No need to fear, it's just being good and warning you of potential dangers since it came from the internet. But it was good for you just to double check. I always say: "It's better to be safe than sorry!"

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 32

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
No virus here in this game for me. Don't worry pirate our Buccaneers will deal with these bugs to keep your game safe.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I've been playing p101 on the same computer since the game was in Beta and have had no issues. You're safe.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2015
No. I have played Wizard for over 4 1/2 years and Pirates now for about a month. These games are totally safe to download and not subject to viruses of any kind. The warning you received is a generic warning for any program you download and should just be ignored in this case. Have fun!