Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

37, but not 37.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 04, 2013
I am a Musketeer or Sniper who is almost at the end of cool ranch. Just before I went to Miranda I had finished just enough side quests to ease me over the edge to level 37. So I went to Skull Island having remembered there was some new skill waiting for me, however, when I got there, I couldn't learn the new skill, despite a number of things telling me I was level 37 and it was available at level 37. I tried logging out and then back in, thinking somehow it might be some kind of update or out of date information kind of thing, but that didn't change anything.

I can only imagine this happened because I hadn't achieved that new level because of a main storyline quest, and rather because I had either skipped or finished all but two of my side quests.

Anyways, not a big deal, just dropping a note because bugs being what they are someone else might have had a conniption.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
IcyShivaW on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
I am a Musketeer or Sniper who is almost at the end of cool ranch. Just before I went to Miranda I had finished just enough side quests to ease me over the edge to level 37. So I went to Skull Island having remembered there was some new skill waiting for me, however, when I got there, I couldn't learn the new skill, despite a number of things telling me I was level 37 and it was available at level 37. I tried logging out and then back in, thinking somehow it might be some kind of update or out of date information kind of thing, but that didn't change anything.

I can only imagine this happened because I hadn't achieved that new level because of a main storyline quest, and rather because I had either skipped or finished all but two of my side quests.

Anyways, not a big deal, just dropping a note because bugs being what they are someone else might have had a conniption.
Welcome to the message boards IcyShivaW.
Well we can't have any conniptions going off all over the place so I will hazard a guess. Perhaps that skill requires you to have trained in a lower one first. Are there any lower level skills that you haven't learned yet? If not then we will have to administer anti conniption tonics to all Musketeers level 37 and lower until they find the bug

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
IcyShivaW on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:

Ahoy!

What was the name of the new skill you were trying to learn? And, as Chrissy mentioned, does it have any other requirements that it is possible you hadn't met yet?

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
From the table I see when I talk to ol' Fish Eye, you are talking about Uncanny Shot (Power) with a requirement of Quick Shot. Being a Musketeer, you should have already learned this so I am not sure what the problem is. It does say gun required. I don't know if that can be a combo gun (ie shooty/smashy, shooty/stabby, etc.) or just a shooty gun. What weapon are you using?