Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gold Storage

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
Even though the max gold that a pirate can carry is up too 200,000 Gold. it would be very nice to have the max gold you have can be but in your bank and shared bank as well so you can save up your gold and other uses.

This is just a suggestion but i think this would be really great for all pirates to have there gold be put in your bank or shared bank :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RetroWolf2134 on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Even though the max gold that a pirate can carry is up too 200,000 Gold. it would be very nice to have the max gold you have can be but in your bank and shared bank as well so you can save up your gold and other uses.

This is just a suggestion but i think this would be really great for all pirates to have there gold be put in your bank or shared bank :D
I've always thought a gold bank ( exclusive to that pirate ) would be a very good idea. When I was a new pirate and wanted to save up my gold for a house or a new ship, it was always frustrating to find myself spending that gold as fast as it came in. Being able to make small deposits over time in a bank would have made getting to that goal a little easier.
A shared gold bank would be too much of a temptation for your other pirates 'to help themselves' to your savings. ( They're pirates after all. )

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
I've always thought a gold bank ( exclusive to that pirate ) would be a very good idea. When I was a new pirate and wanted to save up my gold for a house or a new ship, it was always frustrating to find myself spending that gold as fast as it came in. Being able to make small deposits over time in a bank would have made getting to that goal a little easier.
A shared gold bank would be too much of a temptation for your other pirates 'to help themselves' to your savings. ( They're pirates after all. )
I completely agree with you. A gold bank would be really helpful to pirates who have a money management problem (mainly me....) so they could be careful on money usage. I agree with the shared gold bank though. It would be too easy to get some quick cash for your lvl 8 character by farming gold with your lvl 65 character

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't mind having a bank for scrips and gold so I am not tempted to sell it maybe have an interest rate idk 2% of every level you are.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I think I would rather put my gold into a safe and cozy Trust Fund for my young pirates. That way I would be ensuring their future prosperity -- only problem is that when speaking of a trust fund, I don't trust most of my crew or pirates in general, so the Gold Storage Bank would have to be the way to go. I think being able to store up to the max gold in our bank would be a good idea, that way we could at least have a nest egg for future endeavors.

However, with how fast I blow through gold, via morphing, it wouldn't matter if I could put 200k in my bank each of my boots and Ratty's hollowed out peg leg, I'd still soon be left with holes in both my pockets, and back to hopping realms for chests. But any little bit sure would help....maybe just an increase in our max gold allowance could even work. <wink, wink, nudge, nudge, hint, hint>

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
That would be very useful to have especially if I could share me gold with other player pirates, although for me I love the idea but this is for me personally, I don't really need anymore good :3 I always find myself overflowing with too much gold and although I spend it all, I find myself still reaching the cap in less than a day, at lower levels gold is extremely useful as it is very useful when venturing to a new world or skyway but it's pretty admit-able that once you've reached the level cap and gotten everything you want Gold becomes less valuable. Just my input but I still like the idea :p