Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrids that do not direct morph

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Ok fellow morphers / help me with my memory here

I do know that both the Ballrog and the Grimtooth do not direct morph.
Which other hybrids do not direct morph?

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
I believe the Emusaur is also on this list.

~Clumsy Calamity

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Grimtooths do directly morph, I can personally attest.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I think Indigo has already pointed out that I got my grimtooth reaper by morphing with his grimtooth reaper. Not so sure about the bullrog, though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
I think Indigo has already pointed out that I got my grimtooth reaper by morphing with his grimtooth reaper. Not so sure about the bullrog, though.
Decius said here that a Grimtooth will not produce another Grimtooth. Are you sure?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I think so... When we have a chance, we will cross-check DNA on our Grimtooths to make sure we have a pair with the same number and distribution of talents and powers. But, you know, I want to say I have three or so of the fellows, and I think only one of mine (the first) was from the required pairings and that the others are descended from that first one.

Mind you, I wouldn't swear to it.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Actually, that won't work, come to think: whether Fiorenza's came from my first Grimtooth or from either the nsGWS or Ebon Specter, she and I will have GTs that match. While my recollection is that we bred my GT to something of Fiorenza's and bred new GTs, it is certainly possible we are misremembering.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
Decius said here that a Grimtooth will not produce another Grimtooth. Are you sure?
Yes. I am certain-sure, because I have the most gosh-awful luck when I try to morph anything, unless I'm going for a blue ostrich because you almost can't avoid getting a blue ostrich.

We used his Grimtooth reaper with one of my regular pets that had something not horrible as its powers, but I've sorted the pets since then so the pirate that got the grimtooth (and I will not admit to the pirate's name nor the account (s)he's on just in case it's a glitch and Decius decides to take it away) is not necessarily going to have the pet we morphed with. Possibly it was someone with rally, since we're both fans of pets with rally.