Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Holiday Songs

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
Sup guys it's me Richard Ashthorn! And I have a simple question for you guys:

From the first time you heard a non-historical holiday song (so not Joy to the World, Hark! The Herald Angel Sings, Silent Night, etc.) this December to December the 25th which holiday song(s) did you listen most?

As for me the most listened non-historical holiday song is "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Idina Menzel, Ft. Michael Buble

Until next time peace!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Richard Ashthorn on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:

From the first time you heard a non-historical holiday song (so not Joy to the World, Hark! The Herald Angel Sings, Silent Night, etc.) this December to December the 25th which holiday song(s) did you listen most?

As for me the most listened non-historical holiday song is "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Idina Menzel, Ft. Michael Buble

Until next time peace!
Sadly(and not on purpose), the song happened to be Let It Go........

It was on every time turned on the radio. It drove me insane. Y'know?

~ Thunder

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Richard Ashthorn on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:

Until next time peace!
Ummmm, i do not know, we listened to a LOAD of christmas music, lol.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
There are non-historical holiday songs? Just kidding... well, sort of. For me, since I research stuff for life in the 18th C. or earlier, songs like God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman and Hark the Herald Angels Sing are pretty modern ones, since they were composed in the 19th C. What has mostly been dancing around in my head (sort of like visions of sugarplums) are catchy songs like Drive the Cold Winter Away and The Old Year Now Away Has Fled (the latter to the tune of Greensleeves). Here's just one verse of Drive the Cold Winter Away, so you can see what I mean (at least for lyrics):

This time of the year is spent in good cheer,
Kind neighbors together meet,
To sit by the fire with friendly desire,
Each other in love to greet;
Old grudges forgot are put in the pot,
All sorrows aside they lay,
The old and the young doth carroll their song
To drive the cold winter away.

But to each their own, yes?