Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Year in Retrospect, courtesy The Hoodoo Master

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Being that our dear friend Felix is currently without membership, he asked that I share with all of you a Hoodoo look back at the past year of sailing the skyways in P101 and posting here on the boards. Felix presented the following to Bonnie and Jack, along with his entry into the Snowman contest, during the Twelve Days of Christmas. So, without further delay here is Felix's desired message for all of you, his friends in the Spiral.

The Thingy

So,obviously,we've had a lot of interesting stuff.So,one by one,each month,I will show,in hopes of bringing that feeling of nostalgia in you guys.

January:
I enjoyed the birth of Pirates Helping Pirates on the Message Board.Valkoor the Victorious had made a thread for pirates to help and bless each other,and I think that that was a very special thing.I love the whole concept intertwined with it,and I love how many players shared their experiences and support and how it still thrives.

February:
I'm going to have to go with the Go Go Stormzilla encounter.For a long time,it was such a hard encounter,and I think that having it be simpler was something many players enjoyed,especially those who were stuck on it.It was a monstrous piece of work,I know,but it was worth it(get it,monstrous...).And it had quite a bite!

March:
Now,I'm not too sure what to separate from this month...the fact that Pirate101 Central had 10 000 members,perhaps?A big congratulations to Jester and Olivia on that little bit!

April:
Annie,(Anne Radcliffe) took some time out of her busy schedule(from teaching,dressmaking,etc) to write a post on the KI blog for us!The post,had to do with Creativity in Pirate101,and how much of an effect various choices you make early in game,do to create your character's personality,mannerism,abilities,and more.Along with a brief introduction from her,it sure was fun to read!

May:
Big,big,big,system update.New pet system,new housing preview,and among other things an ART AND SOUND POLISH!(like for example,I've noticed,the voices for the Shackled Souls have changed) and I loved every bit of it.Although,the new additions to Skull Island may have been my favorite.I especially loved the Prawns,as they were brilliant.

June:
My apologies,old friend,but by far,my favorite event in June has to be Blind Mew Day.Best night ever.I'm sorry,but meeting Blind Mew,partying in his name,and getting gifts of mega pet snacks was the culmination of the month,if not the year.It was just...amazing.Thank you,and thank you to Chrissy,and thank you to One Eyed Jack,and Blind Mew,and to everyone who had contributed to making that night awesome.

July:
I honestly cannot pick a favorite thing in July.However,I just loved all of the excitment around the Tower of Moo Manchu,the Disney songs that we sang,and the fun we had just doing that,and talking to Bacon Ignited Lotion,and just funneling all of that anticipation into having fun with others in game was just...amazing.

(to be continued...)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
Being that our dear friend Felix is currently without membership, he asked that I share with all of you a Hoodoo look back at the past year of sailing the skyways in P101 and posting here on the boards. Felix presented the following to Bonnie and Jack, along with his entry into the Snowman contest, during the Twelve Days of Christmas. So, without further delay here is Felix's desired message for all of you, his friends in the Spiral.

The Thingy

So,obviously,we've had a lot of interesting stuff.So,one by one,each month,I will show,in hopes of bringing that feeling of nostalgia in you guys.

January:
I enjoyed the birth of Pirates Helping Pirates on the Message Board.Valkoor the Victorious had made a thread for pirates to help and bless each other,and I think that that was a very special thing.I love the whole concept intertwined with it,and I love how many players shared their experiences and support and how it still thrives.

February:
I'm going to have to go with the Go Go Stormzilla encounter.For a long time,it was such a hard encounter,and I think that having it be simpler was something many players enjoyed,especially those who were stuck on it.It was a monstrous piece of work,I know,but it was worth it(get it,monstrous...).And it had quite a bite!

March:
Now,I'm not too sure what to separate from this month...the fact that Pirate101 Central had 10 000 members,perhaps?A big congratulations to Jester and Olivia on that little bit!

April:
Annie,(Anne Radcliffe) took some time out of her busy schedule(from teaching,dressmaking,etc) to write a post on the KI blog for us!The post,had to do with Creativity in Pirate101,and how much of an effect various choices you make early in game,do to create your character's personality,mannerism,abilities,and more.Along with a brief introduction from her,it sure was fun to read!

May:
Big,big,big,system update.New pet system,new housing preview,and among other things an ART AND SOUND POLISH!(like for example,I've noticed,the voices for the Shackled Souls have changed) and I loved every bit of it.Although,the new additions to Skull Island may have been my favorite.I especially loved the Prawns,as they were brilliant.

June:
My apologies,old friend,but by far,my favorite event in June has to be Blind Mew Day.Best night ever.I'm sorry,but meeting Blind Mew,partying in his name,and getting gifts of mega pet snacks was the culmination of the month,if not the year.It was just...amazing.Thank you,and thank you to Chrissy,and thank you to One Eyed Jack,and Blind Mew,and to everyone who had contributed to making that night awesome.

July:
I honestly cannot pick a favorite thing in July.However,I just loved all of the excitment around the Tower of Moo Manchu,the Disney songs that we sang,and the fun we had just doing that,and talking to Bacon Ignited Lotion,and just funneling all of that anticipation into having fun with others in game was just...amazing.

(to be continued...)

August:
Tom's birthday.It was the first party I ever threw on the spot,and it involved dancing on graves,rafting in Mooshu,visiting a hotel for chickens and adding a new member to our amazing group,mademoiselle Bonnie!It was such a fun party,it stands out,and I hope Tom has many more fun birthdays.

September:
Talk like A Pirate Day was fun,ye powdermonkeys!But ultimately,the constant farming with a few of my good friends,and our pestering of Moo Manchu, our times spent together really made this month happy for me.I got to be in my first Avery's Court Cam!Besides that,though,I have to say that I loved how amazing my friends in the Community are.

October:
BIRTHOWEEN!BIRTHOWEEN!BIRTHOWEEN!That was a time of year that was so magical,and I just loved spending it with me shipmates.There's really not a lot I can say about it,except that I loved the Rainbow Friendship Mask,and I loved the Ship,and I loved Birthoween!I just loved every moment of it!(except that time the Grintch came and popped all the balloons)

November:
And now we come to November,the final month.I spent most of it being sick,so it wasn't much fun for me,but when I did get to log on,it was like a festival was daily!Ultimately,though,I think that the culmination of November's might may have been this one Tower Run where a friend proved her awesomeness even further,as a mean guy called me a ''noob'' simply for being menu chat.A noob doesn't wear a Nefarious Sixth badge,carry Johnathan's earring,happen to be a level 65 witchdoctor(and the Hoodoo Master,no less ) and people like that do make me feel sorry for them...

So,there you have it!A look back on the amazingness of the year!

Wonderful post Felix and thank you for sharing with me, so that I could share it with all of your friends.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:

The Thingy

January:

February:

March:

April:

May:

June:

July:

(to be continued...)

Notice my brilliant name giving skills.

''The Thingy''

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
Notice my brilliant name giving skills.

''The Thingy''
A "thingy" of beauty Felix, couldn't have conjured up a better name myself! Simply brilliant indeed

Again welcome back....and glad to have you back.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Lol I like the Thingy it is a great wordy thing