Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

25 exp?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I'm questing through Marleybone and found some quests worth 25 exp for lvl 60+. Really? Why even have quests that are worthless for this level at all except to make us waste time? Maybe the problem lies with my OCD kicking in and me not willing to skip any quests, I don't know but I'd like to know the reasoning behind this quest design.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Grintch on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
I'm questing through Marleybone and found some quests worth 25 exp for lvl 60+. Really? Why even have quests that are worthless for this level at all except to make us waste time? Maybe the problem lies with my OCD kicking in and me not willing to skip any quests, I don't know but I'd like to know the reasoning behind this quest design.
25 exp is low, no denying that, but what else do you get out of completing the quest? ( BTW, what quest are you talking about? )
Things you get from extra side quests - information/clues as to what is coming next ( examples of this are the side quest from Mr. Smiley in Marleybone & "The Temple Circuit" in Aquila ).
Extra exp from just fighting X amount of enemies added to the exp reward of finishing.
More gold ( every pirate loooves gold ) or gear drops.
Some side quests lead to other side quests which have a better reward ( like a companion ). "Hungry, hungry Gladiators" will lead you to a quest string that eventually gives swashbucklers Samocles as a companion ( and unlocks him in the crown shop for others. )
Never dismiss a side quest with a low reward, something just may surprise you!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
A low xp reward for a side quest might suit some people, who quit playing once they hit the level cap and are now waiting (increasingly impatiently) to start again. Certainly I'd prefer lower xp side quests so I could do the quest and still have room for the bigger reward ones before I hit cap. Or maybe I don't mind not getting the 25 xp if it means I can still play my maxed character and not feel like I'm losing the big XP reward that I won't get to use to progress once the cap goes up.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
It may not seem like much, but 1XP can make the difference from one level to another.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
Most likely the quest is only going to have you talk to someone, so it's not a huge time waste, but it does waste time. The only problem I have with my OCD is keeping my quest book with only one or two quests. Anything more than three gets me troubled... Ah, not to mention the way I had to reset all 110 of my companions so I could change the order of the epics. (like, let's say your companion starts with overwatch, then you get burst fire, burst fire 2, then overwatch 2, the order of the epics would change from overwatch, burst fire to burst fire, overwatch, which is the way I would do it)