Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One-eyed Jack... About raising our ship levels

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
Dear One-eyed Jack,

Been MIA from Pirate101 for almost a year now & getting back into it.
Last year I asked about a feature where us pirates could raise the levels of our ships; whether through crowns or a gold price. Maybe even add a quest to harvest materials to upgrade our favorite ships. However you'd go about doing it, I can't imagine it being that difficult.

I know we can buy higher level ships, but some of us have preferred ship designs. I really believe it would be the knees bees of all things in this game if we could some how raise our ship's level to our pirate's nautical level, since the whole theme of the game revolves around our ships... even if it means paying crowns for it.

Some more ideas mentioned by other players, like...
A captain's quarters, which can be decorated &
A meeting area below deck, that would function like the tavern when receiving companion's missions

These would also greatly improve the fun factor of this game, b/c we Arrr pirates, & what is a pirate without his/her ship... yes?

Arrr there any plans to include these suggestions? Please respond with an update. I really hope you have plans to do this, b/c I want to pound the Armada with my favorite Mooshu ship.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Robert Quick on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
Dear One-eyed Jack,

Been MIA from Pirate101 for almost a year now & getting back into it.
Last year I asked about a feature where us pirates could raise the levels of our ships; whether through crowns or a gold price. Maybe even add a quest to harvest materials to upgrade our favorite ships. However you'd go about doing it, I can't imagine it being that difficult.

I know we can buy higher level ships, but some of us have preferred ship designs. I really believe it would be the knees bees of all things in this game if we could some how raise our ship's level to our pirate's nautical level, since the whole theme of the game revolves around our ships... even if it means paying crowns for it.

Some more ideas mentioned by other players, like...
A captain's quarters, which can be decorated &
A meeting area below deck, that would function like the tavern when receiving companion's missions

These would also greatly improve the fun factor of this game, b/c we Arrr pirates, & what is a pirate without his/her ship... yes?

Arrr there any plans to include these suggestions? Please respond with an update. I really hope you have plans to do this, b/c I want to pound the Armada with my favorite Mooshu ship.
Have ye thought of ship stitchin' or craftin', matey?

Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
You can do that now? How? Where?

Ensign
May 19, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
crafting? oh please don't!

i had enough of that in w101, never ending collecting of needed ingredients to craft something for a quest or just for our hearts desire, like houses that take insane amounts of special hard to get stuff.
lost months on those jembe (think that's right name) drums in zafaria. specially when you don't have so much time for gameplay. some of us have real life too, you know? so that little time we have to play our favorite game we dont want to spend chasing after ingredients for something of a cosmetic nature, that can be otherwise dealt with few crowns or certain amount of gold.

so, stitching yes, same as for personal gear. but crafting - one big NO. please?!

Swashbuckling kisses to all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Robert Quick on Oct 29, 2014 wrote:
You can do that now? How? Where?
Not yet, and maybe not soon, either. It's been mentioned, as possible.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
EllieTheSwash on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
crafting? oh please don't!

i had enough of that in w101, never ending collecting of needed ingredients to craft something for a quest or just for our hearts desire, like houses that take insane amounts of special hard to get stuff.
lost months on those jembe (think that's right name) drums in zafaria. specially when you don't have so much time for gameplay. some of us have real life too, you know? so that little time we have to play our favorite game we dont want to spend chasing after ingredients for something of a cosmetic nature, that can be otherwise dealt with few crowns or certain amount of gold.

so, stitching yes, same as for personal gear. but crafting - one big NO. please?!

Swashbuckling kisses to all.
As you know, pet training in P101 is entirely different than the pet training in W101. I'm sure KI developers have thought of ways for us to get our hands on the necessary 'reagents', that won't involve searching hither and yon for them. Ratbeard has even mentioned making reagents part of boss drops!
Frankly, I enjoy crafting ( especially the castle blocks ), I hope it comes soon to P101. If only to help me spend all my surplus gold.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
There have been 103,649 requests for either (a) ship stitching or (b) spending golds or crowns to increase the level of a beloved ship. The Pirate101 developers seem to be very responsive to popular requests that don't significantly alter game play, which these ship-upgrade suggestions should not, so my guess is eventually we will see it happen. I certainly endorse the idea with enthusiasm (103,650).

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
Not yet, and maybe not soon, either. It's been mentioned, as possible.
Ok. You had me excited there for a little bit. I thought there was an update for ship upgrading while I was MIA. I guess we'll have to keep pressing KI on the matter until they give in.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
i have been saying the same thing about ship upgrades!! It is a good idea. i dont like getting new ships at higher levels. My witch doctor still has the pirate sip from Scrimshaw hahahha. He is in MB...oh yeah I get boarded easily. i dont mind though. Please no crafting. Call it upgrades....ship rebuuilds. Wiz and pirates should be seperate in so aspects...not all of course.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Crafting and piratin' can easily go hand in hook. For instance, one of the most skilled and valued crew member on a ship was the ship's carpenter. Think about it, with storms and combat a ship can get pretty battered, and what about those sails, a rip or tear certainly needs to be patched.
Of course, I'm only arguing for crafting because I love making things in W101 ( although I hate having to look for or grow plants for reagents ).
Making an ENTIRE ship to look and have the powers we want will be awesome.