Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Moo Manchu Tower glitch.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 28, 2012
The glitch is when combat is still ongoing, but before you kill the last enemy - combat ends all the chests start appearing. Because combat is still not over you cannot move or act typically all the chests disappear by the time you do get to move.
Normally I would not complain too much about this because it has only happened on the lower floors and none of the important battles. But a few nights ago it happened to my group at the final battle with Moo. We had just beaten his last minion and were about to blast him when suddenly all the chests started to pop up during combat. We were forced to sit and watch as two more attacks were done to an invisible Moo, during which all our chests vanished. All that time and effort for the few trinkets we had earned floors lower.

Just thought this should be brought to someones attention and also to see...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ShamanBond on Oct 18, 2014 wrote:
The glitch is when combat is still ongoing, but before you kill the last enemy - combat ends all the chests start appearing. Because combat is still not over you cannot move or act typically all the chests disappear by the time you do get to move.
Normally I would not complain too much about this because it has only happened on the lower floors and none of the important battles. But a few nights ago it happened to my group at the final battle with Moo. We had just beaten his last minion and were about to blast him when suddenly all the chests started to pop up during combat. We were forced to sit and watch as two more attacks were done to an invisible Moo, during which all our chests vanished. All that time and effort for the few trinkets we had earned floors lower.

Just thought this should be brought to someones attention and also to see...

Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes it has happened to me a couple of times also. I kept forgetting to report it in the flurry of figuring out how to empty a full backpack with a maxed gold level.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
yeah, but its usually with the pig fights. Also, it doesn't last that long when it happens for me

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have heard that this happens when one of the players is using a 'speed hack' on their computer. This speeds up the battle in the game.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy ShamanBond!

We will need some more information from you in order to investigate further. Below is a list of helpful things we need to know.

• Level of your character:
  • Location where the bug occurred:
  • Quest Name (if applicable):
  • Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
  • Description of the bug:
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Sep 28, 2012
OK Bonnie Anne here is the extra info for ya!

Character Level - 65
Location - Tower of Moo Manchu, mostly on first three floors with pigs, but this time on moo's floor.
Quest - (Quest name of a run through of the tower, sorry can't remember it.
Description of bug - see my original post.
How often does it happen - Kinda random, so it would be sometimes.
Playing solo - No
Group - Full group of four pirates.
Was I the only one to experience it - Nope, no one in the group got the loot from that fight.
Can I reproduce this bug - No, as stated before it happens randomly. Most runs of tower are fine. It is just once in a while that this occurs.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Thanks for the additional information!

Which companions were you using?

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonnie Anne on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the additional information!

Which companions were you using?
Same answers as above poster, my companions: Inoshishi Necromancer and the buccaneer Bear. I don't remember what companions the team were using, sorry. If it happens again I will try to take note.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
They say a closed mouth doesn't get fed. I've had this bug happen to me before, but I'm like 94.87% sure that it has happened in other dungeons as well; I don't remember which. Though it didn't last for so long that it kept me from getting chests (or I guess only 1-3 chests vanish).

There's a few bugs that I notice, but my first thought is not really to report it because: I think I'm the only one, I'd try to find a loophole in the glitch, or I would just take a break and try again later.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
Hey Anne, by the way there is something identical to this glitch that has happened twice or thrice to me.
Basically I finish the first one and the rest of the pirates don't move (happened in the first floors), I assumed they would be still in battle.
I also thought it would have to do with their internet connection but until yesterday, for the first time, when the same glitch you guys are talking about happened! I have almost the same info as #ShamanBond except it was a group of 3 players, it happened in the 10th floor as well, and I had The Marchioness and Emmett in battle.

Ensign
Sep 28, 2012
Ooooh rats. Not sure I can remember. My usual go to companions on that floor are Fan and Hawkules if they have survived the floor below. If not those two, El Toro and Bonnie.

And/or some combination of those four are who I had with me.....I think. <------- (Deer in headlights impersonation)

Hope that kinda helps.