Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Jim and Bat Materson: The Blood Stealers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Has anyone noticed that their is a talent called Blood Stealer* (or something along that line)? My next big question is, how come neither Jim nor Bat get this talent? I think this would make them better companions because they do not deal a lot of damage and they do not possess an incredible amount of armor; they also only have Jabu's Breath to gain health, which is a very small amount. They should get Blood Stealer I for regular attacks, and Blood Stealer III when they perform a critical.

*For those of you that don't know, Blood Stealer is a talent that has the user gain some health each attack

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
piratemonster3002 on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Has anyone noticed that their is a talent called Blood Stealer* (or something along that line)? My next big question is, how come neither Jim nor Bat get this talent? I think this would make them better companions because they do not deal a lot of damage and they do not possess an incredible amount of armor; they also only have Jabu's Breath to gain health, which is a very small amount. They should get Blood Stealer I for regular attacks, and Blood Stealer III when they perform a critical.

*For those of you that don't know, Blood Stealer is a talent that has the user gain some health each attack
Sounds totally logical to me.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Oh wait, I forgot to mention one big thing. THEY'RE VAMPIRES!!!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Just so no one reading this gets confused, I think you mean the talent Bloodsucker. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
piratemonster3002 on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
Oh wait, I forgot to mention one big thing. THEY'RE VAMPIRES!!!
Hello there piratemonster3002 and welcome to the message boards. A talent that steals the enemies blood or health sounds pretty cool. I think the talent that you may be referring to is called Bloodsucker (1 & 2) and I believe that it is a pet talent, only. I may be wrong about that, but I know that many of my pets have Bloodsucker 2 in their list of talents. That being said it does seem like quite a fitting and proper talent to give to Vampiric companions such as the Masterson twins. Bleh....Bleh....Bleh....I vant some stake, I meana steak-- ext-r-r-ra raw!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Still won't make me use them. I don't like the looks of them the over large head the tiny feet ugh. Also as a suggestion could we please raise their attack to a higher attack zone on an enemy's body it looks like a lot of times he is attacking below the belt. My sympathies friend.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
Hello there piratemonster3002 and welcome to the message boards. A talent that steals the enemies blood or health sounds pretty cool. I think the talent that you may be referring to is called Bloodsucker (1 & 2) and I believe that it is a pet talent, only. I may be wrong about that, but I know that many of my pets have Bloodsucker 2 in their list of talents. That being said it does seem like quite a fitting and proper talent to give to Vampiric companions such as the Masterson twins. Bleh....Bleh....Bleh....I vant some stake, I meana steak-- ext-r-r-ra raw!
It isn't a pet only talent.I think one of the Bear companions has it.

Now,onto this topic...

well,do try to keep in mind that Bat and Jim are simple lawmen,born in Darkmoor,who live after death in forms that demand they feast on the life force of others to maintain themselves.Blood is the Life, though as we see Bat takes it raw by draining his foes of their life force directly through various methods.All of these powersn come from his position with the Undead rather than the magical.

Now,I think they should have this talent.Poor Bat has been lacking in battle on my crew...but I'm changing that.I am promoting him even as we speak.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
It isn't a pet only talent.I think one of the Bear companions has it.

Now,onto this topic...

well,do try to keep in mind that Bat and Jim are simple lawmen,born in Darkmoor,who live after death in forms that demand they feast on the life force of others to maintain themselves.Blood is the Life, though as we see Bat takes it raw by draining his foes of their life force directly through various methods.All of these powersn come from his position with the Undead rather than the magical.

Now,I think they should have this talent.Poor Bat has been lacking in battle on my crew...but I'm changing that.I am promoting him even as we speak.
Well, Felix I did say that I may be wrong about that and yes I sure was. And you are correct, the Witchdoctor Grizzly companion Khord does have the Epic Talent, Bloodsucker. I have him and didn't even notice.....shame on me, some Captain I am! So, without a doubt-- those Batty guys should get the Bloodsucker Epic Talent, for it only makes sense!

And yes Dante, I still don't think that would be enough for me to use 1 of them on a regular basis, but on a night such as Halloween night......that may just be time for them to flap their wings!