Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you think is the Rarest Pet

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
I personally thought this was a question that NEEDED answering. There are at least 300 pets in the game correct? So I thought we should talk about the ones we have never or hardly seen ever. I had to choose:

The Skull Island Maccaw

It's such a rare pet because It's a hybrid witht the scarakeet which was released in the boochbeard bundle ages ago (About two years and one month ago) so most people who got it don't play anymore plus morphing is necessary to get ( and morphing is pretty modern). Most of you probobly don't even know about the boochbeard bundle because it was a special bundle released for early acsess into the game. I personally don't have it but I remeber seeing it in stores once or twice. Today it is no longer available. The ones that were bought were used and thoose players don't play anymore (mostly) so it's incredibly rare to find a person with the boochbeard bundle. It did cost around 100 dollars. I will list its contents bellow.

Boochbeard Bundle:
-Cat Pirate Companion
-Volcano House
-Dread Pirate's Outfit
-Scarakeet Pet (obviously)
-Ruby Slicer Weapon
-Early Entrance Items

I really want to know what you guys think about the rarest pet. Please follow theese guidelines to answer the question.

1: Put the pet's breed
2: If it is a hybrid it's parents
3: Where did it come from (bundles, Worlds, crown shop, ect)
4: Is it still available?
5: Any comments on the pet
6: Any comments on this post/topic
7: Anything you would like to add
8: Say your pirates name and then do whatever you would like with your post.

I'll do mine right now

1: Skull Island Maccaw
2: Scarakeet and any other pet (scarakeet must be included)
3: It came from the Boochbeard/Gandry Bundle
4: It is no longer available
5: The egg is a mixture of blue yellow and green feathers
6: Hope you like reading this post
7: Please put some feedback
8: Stormy Oliver Zabra level 32

Well I only have like 1000 characters left and I don't want to bore you guys so please post and save the spiral too!

-Stormy Oliver Zabra Lvl 32 / Coyle Thunderhsard Level 49 storm wizard

Admiral
May 30, 2010
so most people who got it don't play anymore

What statistics are you using to back up that assumption? I expect that KI has some actual stats to dispute that. Perhaps the original pirates who got the pet aren't the active one anymore, but I'll bet rather more of us who got it are still here than have left.

I'd also venture that there are rather more Skull Island Macaws than the original Skarakeet pet simply because you can breed over and over and over (and get those macaws) but there were a finite number of Boochbeard or Gandry bundles sold. Heck, all three of my accounts have macaws, but only one has any Skarakeets.

The rarest pet is probably one from a prepaid card where the pet changes monthly.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Don't know if this counts, but here you go! It has been fixed since.

Name: Glitched Golden Dragon.

How to Morph: Golden Sky Rattler (From the March Gold and Green code distribution), and any other pet.

Looks: A gold and silver dragon. Egg is gold with silver scale bottom.

Availability: This glitch has since been fixed, though I did get 2 of the dragons before it was fixed.

Comment: This pet is (was) SUPER RARE, as you needed someone with the March Golden Sky Rattler to morph with you, and I actually managed to get one from a code. It looked amazing, and apparently, Decius Duelmaster has commented that a REAL Golden Dragon now exists as a hybrid as the inspiration came from the Glitched Golden Dragon.

Slick Michael Radcliffe, Lvl. 65

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I would say probably the skarakeet, although I am saying that assuming a fair number of people are making the known hybrids. Certainly it should be more rare than the hybrid Skull Island macaw since the skarakeet is now longer available and cannot be reproduced through morphing. But, as Fiorenza pointed out, one skarakeet can produce any number of SIMs. I have two skarakeets, and either six or seven SIMs, for example.

On the other hand, if there are not a lot of people producing the known hybrids, it is certainly possible that some of them are currently more rare than the skarakeets, although if so that will eventually change since more of the hybrids will be continuously made.

-Indigo

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think the rarest pet is the one I don't have, the violet bubblefish ( yes, I know others have one ) but I don't, so that makes it rare to me.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Coyle Thundershard on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
I personally thought this was a question that NEEDED answering. There are at least 300 pets in the game correct? So I thought we should talk about the ones we have never or hardly seen ever. I had to choose:

The Skull Island Maccaw

It's such a rare pet because It's a hybrid witht the scarakeet which was released in the boochbeard bundle ages ago (About two years and one month ago) so most people who got it don't play anymore plus morphing is necessary to get ( and morphing is pretty modern). Most of you probobly don't even know about the boochbeard bundle because it was a special bundle released for early acsess into the game. I personally don't have it but I remeber seeing it in stores once or twice. Today it is no longer available. The ones that were bought were used and thoose players don't play anymore (mostly) so it's incredibly rare to find a person with the boochbeard bundle. It did cost around 100 dollars. I will list its contents bellow.

Boochbeard Bundle:
-Cat Pirate Companion
-Volcano House
-Dread Pirate's Outfit
-Scarakeet Pet (obviously)
-Ruby Slicer Weapon
-Early Entrance Items

I really want to know what you guys think about the rarest pet. Please follow theese guidelines to answer the question.

1: Put the pet's breed
2: If it is a hybrid it's parents
3: Where did it come from (bundles, Worlds, crown shop, ect)
4: Is it still available?
5: Any comments on the pet
6: Any comments on this post/topic
7: Anything you would like to add
8: Say your pirates name and then do whatever you would like with your post.

I'll do mine right now

1: Skull Island Maccaw
2: Scarakeet and any other pet (scarakeet must be included)
3: It came from the Boochbeard/Gandry Bundle
4: It is no longer available
5: The egg is a mixture of blue yellow and green feathers
6: Hope you like reading this post
7: Please put some feedback
8: Stormy Oliver Zabra level 32

Well I only have like 1000 characters left and I don't want to bore you guys so please post and save the spiral too!

-Stormy Oliver Zabra Lvl 32 / Coyle Thunderhsard Level 49 storm wizard
I think the rarest hybrids are the ones left undiscovered or not posted to the message boards.

Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
so most people who got it don't play anymore

What statistics are you using to back up that assumption? I expect that KI has some actual stats to dispute that. Perhaps the original pirates who got the pet aren't the active one anymore, but I'll bet rather more of us who got it are still here than have left.

I'd also venture that there are rather more Skull Island Macaws than the original Skarakeet pet simply because you can breed over and over and over (and get those macaws) but there were a finite number of Boochbeard or Gandry bundles sold. Heck, all three of my accounts have macaws, but only one has any Skarakeets.

The rarest pet is probably one from a prepaid card where the pet changes monthly.
I get your point and understand you are probably right. the Skarakeet pet is the rarest I guess
Btw can we meet up in the game and morph a pet? Stormy Oliver Zabra

Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
I agree, Skarakeet all the way, I actually have the pet from morphing with a guy. So I didn't get it legitly. I was going to get the bundle, though the day I took out my money I went on the website and it was gone and Pirate101 was out of beta. I see barely and people in the morphing tent now and have gotten a few morph requests. Skarakeet all the way!