Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unpleasant Experience in the Tower

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This evening I was harassed beyond the norm, I won't go into what happened, but it was so bad it drove me from the Tower.
I did click 'Ignore' & reported him ( his behavior merited it ) and then he immediately started spamming 'Group requests'! I thought 'Ignore' halted all contact! Why doesn't it? Or why can't a 'Group' request be halted after three 'Nars'?
This episode was so bad it drove me off line as that character. When I logged in 5 minutes later, he was still there and began doing it again! I had to leave for half an hour!
Please, KI, isn't there some way, that once you 'Ignore' someone they cannot continue to contact you?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy anecorbie,

I'm sorry this happened to you. We are looking into the issue. I agree that an ignored player should no longer be able to send group invites.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 10, 2010
Sorry this happened to you Anecorbie, that had to be frustrating beyond belief. I agree, once you ignore someone, there should be no possible way that someone can contact you again ever, and if you have a person on ignore, it should never let them be in the same team on team up, or anything else for that matter.

Just my opinion!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
You didn't have them as a friend, you were in a different district, and yet they could invite you to a group? That seems very odd.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
Whenever I have a player like that I just change realms It saves on the headache of dealing with the immature players . I hope that helps.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Max DeGroot on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
You didn't have them as a friend, you were in a different district, and yet they could invite you to a group? That seems very odd.
If you're not in battle and/or someone talks then you can just simply just click on their name to bring up their status window and invite them to a group then and there. That's likely what this person did here as well.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
It irritates me that people would do that, I feel yer pain lass I to had me share and try what I can get them off me back, so ye be in good hand now that KI be here to help ye ok.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I am sorry, that happened to you.

It's unfortunate you have encountered such a rude player. Some players do have serious issues, with others. Someone have to ruin it for everyone's enjoyment ,witch is sadly becoming more frequent in pirate101.