Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Captain Swing's Slicers?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
After many weeks (think at least 6 - poor Bonnie Anne is convinced she will never get that promotion) I have been after Captain Swing for the Slicers weapon. They finally dropped for me tonight but gave me a surprise. They didn't have the stats the wiki listed for them. Wiki says damage is 138 - 230 and 15% armor penetration. The weapon I got has 184 damage and 15% armor penetration. So was there a recent change to the weapon or has the wiki been wrong all along?

I have one other question. I haven't ever stitched anything and not sure how that works. If I stitch the slicers to a higher level weapon is it possible to stitch them again later when the next world comes out and I get a better weapon (to keep the slicer appearance)?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Another Pirat... on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
After many weeks (think at least 6 - poor Bonnie Anne is convinced she will never get that promotion) I have been after Captain Swing for the Slicers weapon. They finally dropped for me tonight but gave me a surprise. They didn't have the stats the wiki listed for them. Wiki says damage is 138 - 230 and 15% armor penetration. The weapon I got has 184 damage and 15% armor penetration. So was there a recent change to the weapon or has the wiki been wrong all along?

I have one other question. I haven't ever stitched anything and not sure how that works. If I stitch the slicers to a higher level weapon is it possible to stitch them again later when the next world comes out and I get a better weapon (to keep the slicer appearance)?
I am not sure about the Wiki differences but you can always unstitch something to re stitch it to something else.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
You can unstitch items later.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009

the wiki is incorrect, that is the true weapon power for the weapon itself, there was a huge change with the advanced companions and power of all weapons, which also if maybe you didn't notice, there is something called a FREE RESET next to some companions you had earlier before the patch

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009

To answer your first question all of the weapons in the game have been change so that they now show just a base damage rate instead of a base damage range instead. It's not bugged, but it is just working as intended now as well.

To answer your other question yes, you can still keep stitching items even after you've already stitched them once before. Just keep in mind though that if you change your mind about stitching and want the original weapons back then you'll have to pay crowns just to get them un-stitched as well. For this reason, I strongly recommend getting at least 2 of each item that you want to stitch. This way, you'll still have the original one left over if you ever want to use/show off the original version of a particular item(s) again in the future.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

If you are able to stitch the slicers, yes ( some items aren't stitch-able ) You have to stitch the same kind of weapon to another of the same class; for example, stabby weapon to a stabby weapon or if it's a combo match the classes.
I stitch a lot! I love SI styles so whenever I get something in a style I don't like, I stitch it! Stitching is 'easy peasy'.
Locate Eloise Merriweather ( you can find her near prospector Zeke )
Step one, select appearance
Step two, select the item with the stats you want.
Step three, stitch! ( 100 crowns )
If you make a mistake, don't worry, the item will not be lost - just use the unstitch option ( 100 crowns ).

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Thank you everyone for the answers. I didn't realize there was a weapon change with the introduction of advanced companions (I knew about the free companion reset). That explains my confusion.

Thanks for the tip about getting two of a unique item so you have an original as well as the stitched version (checked and the slicers appear to be stitchable to another stabby weapon that isn't a combo weapon). Now I am glad I haven't sold off that second pair of boots I got, still need the hat so Swing isn't off the hook yet! *mutters about another six weeks and a couple more shark drops taking up space, pats Bonnie Anne on the shoulder*