Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The change in how Companions are healed!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 15, 2013
I think it really SUCKS!!!! Before it was a pain to have to wait till you could get a Life Fountain! but now if you have a very high level character like I do it takes over 6 hours for them to heal or over 100,000 gold at Miracle Matt's. Sure I'm a level 65 Witchdoctor but still... I'm using my gold to level my companions up. I wish you'd go back to the old way of doing it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
With the new companion management tasks of 'Brawlin' and 'Keel- haulin' you no longer have to spend so much gold on training tomes to level your companions. If a companion has received the 'Bed-rest' order, you can wake them up and put them on another task, that way they can still be useful to you. If a favorite companion is wounded and on bed-rest, use a different companion.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Mommyelf on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
I think it really SUCKS!!!! Before it was a pain to have to wait till you could get a Life Fountain! but now if you have a very high level character like I do it takes over 6 hours for them to heal or over 100,000 gold at Miracle Matt's. Sure I'm a level 65 Witchdoctor but still... I'm using my gold to level my companions up. I wish you'd go back to the old way of doing it.
i think it really ROCKS!!!! Before, companions were just fodder that you throw at the enemies. now, you have to use them more strategically, otherwise you face a severe penalty, which adds a lot of much needed difficulty to the game. as to how it effects gameplay . . . as long as you have a few back-up fighters on board, it shouldnt be too bad.

Matthew Walker, 65, 65, 65, 16.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Think of the pain your poor companion is in! He's the one you're using as cannon fodder.

Have you used your free resets to fine-tune your companions? Are you giving them the scrapper talent to help them heal faster?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Indeed, wounded companions now adds strategy, much more of it, something I so love to see added. I am a big fan of strategy, and I personally enjoy things like these. Just give it a bit of time.......you'll get used to it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hi Mommyelf, welcome to the message boards.
Yea I know the change is hard but like the above posters, I like it. It DOES take some getting used to but I love the way it forces you to stop relying on the same ole team and gets you to learn to love the other really strong teammates you have that can really shine for you.
Having the ability to send out the companions you aren't using to get you training tomes, gear, gold, xp, nautical xp or pet stuff is really awesome too.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Besides you get gold and don't have to have unwanted companions in battle.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010