Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Theory about our parents or at least our dad...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
My theory is that, usually when people in shows, movies, books, etc always say, "Oh that character is definitely dead there's no way they could be alive!", it usually means that the character in question is alive! So I'm thinking that the Armada could have just made us think our parents were killed but really maybe our dad was forced to be Kane or someone like him! Also maybe our mom was forced to build the Armada "Angels". I know I might be thinking way too hard but I love this theory.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This usually applies to villains, so the writers can bring back 'the guy you love to hate'. It's what keeps movie serials and books going on and on with the same bad guy. The Victorian writers were particularly guilty of using this plot device.
I'm hopeful that KI will be more original in their plots and avoid this worn-out scenario. Be really original, like laying clues to make people believe that someone's alive and oops ( ! ) turns out he was dead all along!
Our father IS NOT Kane, time line wise this is impossible! Sorry, our Mom's croaked,too; she IS NOT Queen or Dame or whatever you choose to call the lady Elite!

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
My theory is that, usually when people in shows, movies, books, etc always say, "Oh that character is definitely dead there's no way they could be alive!", it usually means that the character in question is alive! So I'm thinking that the Armada could have just made us think our parents were killed but really maybe our dad was forced to be Kane or someone like him! Also maybe our mom was forced to build the Armada "Angels". I know I might be thinking way too hard but I love this theory.
well, our parent's spirits kinda spoke to us in the crystal caves of the isle of doom. . . and even mentioned their graves. (although having a grave does not necessarily guarantee death, their spirits speaking to us more or less seals the deal of death. although, given some of our interactions with death, he DOES owe us a favor . . .

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Madamoiselle Kiley, though a couple of pirate origins leave the fate of parents in doubt (lost in search of treasure, and possibly the storm) I fear that Esperanza and Blixet are absolutely right. We receive too many clues that they are no longer living: their spirits speaking in the Crystal Caves on the Isle of Doom and telling us to look for their graves (kind of a big hint there) and then Hades in Aquila kindly telling us that two spirits wait for your pirate, refusing yet to cross over to the world beyond, strongly implying these spirits are your parents. So, yes, I think we are truly orphans... except for our foster families which we are presently separated from. (Though, Blixet, I doubt that Death would think he owed us a favor; after all, he was helping us complete our quest at the time too)

Boochbeard comments (upon rescuing us) that Kane is making battle angels... he could be mistaken, but considering Kane made the Elites, Kane making battalions of battle angels would be a walk in the park by comparison. Though admittedly, I am very curious about how exactly the Armada are put together and who does so (though I'm not sure I will like the answer!) Blind Mew has indicated repeatedly that Kane is not a human in disguise, so thankfully, Kane can't be our beloved dad who cared for us when we were wee little lassies or lads. Though your question does remind me of a thought I had... and I will post that question later.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
For the mutiny origin, this can't be possible. Dead Mike was with our parents when they died (if y I chose mutiny). But for lost at sea and the other one, it could be possible. Unless our parents could come back as undead just to see us. They could perhaps trick hades (they are pirates after all!). Sorry if I repeated what someone said, I was in a rush while making this and I didn't read the whole thread.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Blixet on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
well, our parent's spirits kinda spoke to us in the crystal caves of the isle of doom. . . and even mentioned their graves. (although having a grave does not necessarily guarantee death, their spirits speaking to us more or less seals the deal of death. although, given some of our interactions with death, he DOES owe us a favor . . .
i like the sound of the last part :)

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
Madamoiselle Kiley, though a couple of pirate origins leave the fate of parents in doubt (lost in search of treasure, and possibly the storm) I fear that Esperanza and Blixet are absolutely right. We receive too many clues that they are no longer living: their spirits speaking in the Crystal Caves on the Isle of Doom and telling us to look for their graves (kind of a big hint there) and then Hades in Aquila kindly telling us that two spirits wait for your pirate, refusing yet to cross over to the world beyond, strongly implying these spirits are your parents. So, yes, I think we are truly orphans... except for our foster families which we are presently separated from. (Though, Blixet, I doubt that Death would think he owed us a favor; after all, he was helping us complete our quest at the time too)

Boochbeard comments (upon rescuing us) that Kane is making battle angels... he could be mistaken, but considering Kane made the Elites, Kane making battalions of battle angels would be a walk in the park by comparison. Though admittedly, I am very curious about how exactly the Armada are put together and who does so (though I'm not sure I will like the answer!) Blind Mew has indicated repeatedly that Kane is not a human in disguise, so thankfully, Kane can't be our beloved dad who cared for us when we were wee little lassies or lads. Though your question does remind me of a thought I had... and I will post that question later.
ooo :D please post it soon!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
She did, it's called "marco pollo's photograph" and she presents a very interesting hypothesis.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Magnificent Kiley on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
(Thank you, Kiley ... it's the thread about 'Marco Pollo's photograph'. Your idea triggered a thought that had been simmering )

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
(Thank you, Kiley ... it's the thread about 'Marco Pollo's photograph'. Your idea triggered a thought that had been simmering )
You're welcome